Help with my L&P brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TLC beauty

Reaction score
Hi all, apologies as I have posted this twice but I don't think it's in the best place as I tagged to the bottom of another thread. I think I have a problem with my brush. I have only done a few sets of l&p and I am just trying to gain confidence and practise my skills. I have recently noticed that my bristles seem to be sort of separated at the ends. I seem to be struggling to control my bead of acrylic and I'm not sure if my brush is not helping the situation. Can anyone suggest if this does look as it should or whether I need to run some boiling water through it as suggested to another geek with a similar problem. Would really appreciate any advice. Thank you in advance ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381957098.123036.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381957077.661366.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381957077.661366.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 111
I would just soak it a bit in monomer, then train it through on a wipe shaping it back into a point, leave a bit of monomer in It to train it, as long as there are no hard bits in it it should be ok x

Hi TLC.

Like Lotus_Blossom said, soak it on monomer. This happens to me when I sweep the brush on a kleenex instead of cleaning it maintaining the brush form while doing L&P, don,t know your causes, but I wanted to mention this just in case.

Thanks for your replies! I do sweep on some Kleenex as taught when learning.... Is this not the best way? Also how do you guys clean and maintain your brush? Is it just a case of soaking In the monomer? Much appreciated

Ohh, is ok to use the kleenex to clean the brush while doing L&P, what I meant was if you sweep the brush back and forth in the kleenex instead of moving it gently one side first next the other. That,s the way I do it to keep my brush in good shape. And about how to clean the brush, when I,m done doing my set, I just do a deep soak 2 or 3 times for a few seconds in monomer and let it dry after, it has work for me, maybe the others use some special brush cleaner liquid.

L&P brushes only need a good clean with monomer, and bristles reshaped. Swipe/sweep on the flat/working side of the brush, never the sides. And never twist. That will just warp the bristles. If you find bits in your brush, your mix ratio is too wet. I keep the plastic tubes that come with mine, and slip them back over to protect the bristles when transporting.

Latest posts

Back