Advertising help and encouragement needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SelenaP

Reaction score
hi guys . . i have been doing mani's/pedi's gels / L&P / 3d nail art / silk & fibre now for bour 2 years but only qualified last year, i started advertising, loads of leaflets an got a few customers mobile only, working full time (not in nail bar - engineer admin) thought that would be easier, then startd renting a room above a hairdresser in a holistic sparry type salon an got ripped off, so stopped renting that, i have 1 customer! doesn't seem to matter what i do i can't get any customers, my plan was to get a good customer base then give up my day job, maybe even get a salon, no one round where i am does 3d nail art so i thought that would be a bonus, but no ones interested an i'm feeling crap! thinking bout chucking it all in an not bothering, i love doing nails but feels like i'm bangin my head against a brick wall!!!! has anyone else had this and what did you do? please help:cry:

Sorry to hear of your bad luck. Its a hard industry to suceed in I think, there are lots of people doing our work but only a few seem to make a good earning from it and them few are very good at what they do, they have many years of experiance, they have been in all types of situations thinkable and know exactly how to deal with everything perfectly- dont they just make you sick lol!!! I would say dont give up, and keep on trying to find clients and reel them in! Do some research and try to find out when your local groups get together (ie womens groups) give them a call and arrange to go in free of charge and do a few demonstartions on the ladies, hand out some leaflets and offer a discount there and then if they book an appointment with you, offer loyalty rewards ie if they have 5 appointments with you they get a discount on their next service. This advice was given to me by my old beauty tutor who is very well known in the industry, she has worked with many 'A list' celebrities and even lived with a few. Keep at the hard work and I am sure you will soon get the results you are looking for. Good luck x

thanks Mavrik . . i just can't help get disheartened, i will keep plugging away though, gonna get some new leaflets done an get posted and like you said find out bout some womens clubs an events, if i don't then i'll never get anywhere! thanks again.

Hunni, im sorry to hear about your bad luck too. Within the beauty industry it does take allot of time, effort and patience to advertise and build up a good client base. Here are some advertising tips that should bring in the clients

1. Putting your leaflets in local shops/ post offices and supermarkets/ hair dressers anywhere you possibly can!!

2.Word through mouth tell almost everyone about your services and carry around some business cards.

3. Offer a refer a friend scheme when they refer a frien they both get something like 30% off their next treatment.

4. Leaflet drops (although these can be sometimes hit and miss but anything is worth a try)

5.Adverts in local magazine

6. Do you have a website? If you havent get one they work wonders!! and they give off a very professional look

7. Yellow pages advertising or Yell.com ( yell.com i think is more popular than the pages)

8. Car advertising with magnets on your car

9. A good promotion which i know works well, go round to your local hair dressers tell them about what you do and offer them 25% off all treatments and give them a little code to bring to you when they come for their treatment.

10. An offer of 20% off treatments for all new customers is a very good one.

11. Get your advert everywhere online, Gumtree, Free index anywhere possible!!

So you have 11 different options here try as many as you can or all of them. Anything is worth a try keep going, dont give up, you will get there in the end it just takes some time.

hths xxx

Latest posts

Back