advertising - how would you 'sell yourself' in just 5 lines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi peeps

Just a little quiz......................................

How would you 'sell yourself' in a yellow pages advert.

You have 5 lines (and then your contact details which are seperate)

What would you put and how would you word it? What do you think is THE most important thing to make YOU stand out from the ever increasing 'competition' !

Come on guys lets see who can come up with the most inspiring advert:green:

Amb x

depeds what services i was advertising for, lol. ;) :green:

geeg worded something on a thread ages ago...I have searched but cant find it...was really good too.. x

geeg worded something on a thread ages ago...I have searched but cant find it...was really good too.. x

keep looking:green: i need ideas for my new yp ad !!

how many words per line? and what do you do so we know what to say?? :green:

how many words per line? and what do you do so we know what to say?? :green:

not sure how many words 5 or so i'd think:green:

i just wanted a general idea of how 'you guys' promoted yourselves.

I do gel nails /toes/ and beauty too!

title
slogan
why should they ring you
a flavour of what you do

guru holistic therapy rooms
*relax *recharge * rebalance
holistic and spa therapies
ayurvedic therapies a speciality
Durham's best kept secret.

title
slogan
why should they ring you
a flavour of what you do

guru holistic therapy rooms
*relax *recharge * rebalance
holistic and spa therapies
ayurvedic therapies a speciality
Durham's best kept secret.

:green:like that:hug:

I always go for a quarter page in the yellow pages under the beauty section and then put the smaller ones in different sub sections. There I put see my main ad under beauty however I also put 'or visit my website'.

Whenever I do just the smaller ads in papers etc I put in how many years experience I have, My contact details and ask the clients to visit my website for full details.

Its hard to say everything about your self in such few words and clients will see your advert and if your near to them they will visit your website and see everything you could possibly say about yourself! Dont forget to get your clients to write some positive comments in a visitors book and ask if you can use them on your website.

Good Luck with it!!!

Kate

I have to agree... i had a wrigleys chewing gum stick sized ad that just said the basics, company name, mobile tanning basildon and surrounding area telephone no and website address.

bet if you look not many have website addresses, well they dont in my book.. you can also have a small ad somewhere else in the book and it probably wont cost much different?

hardly got any calls from YP though, 99% of mine come from internet where they have found my website, good for me as its much cheaper! didnt bother to renew my YP ad..

really jaffacake? i get loads of business from yp!:green:

had a box last year was a few ££££££££

i dont need such a big ad....scaling down the old 'outgoings' this year:green:

I reckon i had about 6 calls at the most from it in a year! they did lead onto other clients so it paid for my ad which was around 100 pounds I think? I tried Yell.com too but the only calls I ever got from that were people ringing me up wanting me to donate to their charity! got fed up with it and cancelled the ad in the end..:irked:

Glad you get loads from yours, maybe its cos my box was too small? lol

maybe its cos my box was too small? lol

:green::green:

could be...or where you are 'down the list'

I am 'a' so im the first:green:

i did yell.com - waste of time got nothing at all:mad:

:green::green:

could be...or where you are 'down the list'

I am 'a' so im the first:green:

i did yell.com - waste of time got nothing at all:mad:

I'm About-tan! so shouldnt be too far down the list? :green: I even put a full stop in front of it so I was first!

This is the text from my new promo (and it's working well)

Your technician is a State & National Champion.
Natural looking nails using only professional products,
not offensive smelling banned dental acrylic like many mask wearing salons. No Harmful and often painful drills. All work hand finished.​

It's working a treat, I get many clients coming in from other salons with their yellow chunky nails asking what they have on their nails, I explain, then I offer them a free nail or a free repair and they are MINE :)

Latest posts

Back