Advertising/marketing when you're mobile *only*

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calm

Reaction score
Hi geeks

Due to the different ways in which beauticians work, ie.

Salon based
Spa based
Home based
Mobile

I was wondering if anyone has found that a particular type of advertising suits One or more of the above only. I used to work in marketing (a long time ago now) and found that the Salons benefited most from leaflet drops, for example, when compared with other forms of advertising. That was the feedback we got from our clients (the salons) anyway...

Has anyone else noticed any particular trends? I will be starting a mobile beauty business soon, and although I'm well aware of the various advertising types I'm unsure what will be the most effective way of advertising for a mobile only service. I do think things are difficult for us mobile therapists :confused:

My website, facebook, handing out business cards to anyone I talk to who seems interested and word of mouth are my ways advertising.

I do wear a logo t-shirt and am planning on getting a logo hoodie or fleece to wear when it's colder but I found leaflet drops were a waste of time. I know what I do with leaflets that get put through my door and 99% of people do the same thing - a quick glance at it and in the recycling it goes. I don't keep things like that but when I want a service I use the internet to find what I'm looking for and that is where my website & facebook are REALLY important. I don't update my work facebook these days but my clients know they can get hold of me on there (and most of them are friends on my personal facebook too).

I would say a website is the most important thing when mobile but make sure it is really clear that your mobile & WHERE you cover. My website brings me most of my new clients (I do get referrals but after 4 years most of my clients have already referred all their friends lol).

I agree with you about website and FB, word of mouth and reputation is everything.

I'm going back about 11 years, so I get that things may have changed a lot since then, but we organised leaflet drops for the streets adjacent to the high St (where the Salon was based) offering 20% off with leaflet and the response was really good. Maybe that's classed as 'old school' advertising now though!!

Latest posts

Back