Advertising tips, please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I finally did it! I found a salon willing to rent me a chair at an amazing split.
Now that I got the gig I seem to be struggling to get the clientele for one reason or another (mainly because I was the last one to join the other two stylists so they get all the new customers) and I really need help trying to get myself out there...

So far I have a Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/VeronicaAtBloomingtons/)
I have handed out leaflets with my name on them specifically so they'd book with me
Posted to a lot of Buy/Sell pages on Facebook about my new business
and lastly I signed up to salonpages.com

I am at my wits end, I have done 2 clients in 3 weeks and 2 more cancelled on me at the last minute :(
If anyone has any ideas please let me know <3

I do lots & im still quite
I leave cards where ever i go
I pop them through local letter boxes
I post on facebook instagram & twitter
I post on local selling sites
Im on yell netmums ect
I always carry cards on me to hand out
I run offers but not to many else people just want cheap not loyal
I have loyalty cards
I have just signed up to go in the local magazine see if that helps

Some of the above might help you ill also be interested to hear other ideas

You could try groupon

I don't agree with groupon personally I don't feel the clients are looking for a good hairdresser they are looking for cheap. Plus there's no way on earth I would give a cut and finish for 7 quid! With a very low client retention rate!

Last edited:
Oh god don't do Groupon!
You'll regret it big time and be way out of pocket

Hey Veronica! I checked out your facebook page. How many of the 97 people that follow you have actually came to see you for your service? I see that you also advertise 25% off for new customers. This rarely helps to build business as it does attract the wrong client and also isn't fair to your existing clients that are loyal to you. The best tip is to offer a remarkable experience for your existing clients and let the referrals come in. Beyond that, there are lots of things you can do!!

Before you can start advertising, you must know who to target with your marketing campaigns. Have you identified who your ideal clients are?
Male, female or both?
Age range?
Hobbies?
How frequently they visit the salon?
Where is their attention?

The more questions you can ask about your ideal client, the easier it will be to target them with your advertising.

Latest posts

Back