Advertising tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitefeather

Reaction score
Hello all

I am a mobile/home nail tech, I have advertised with Thompson local online, Yell.com business cards everywhere and posters on my little Ka. I am still not getting business. I would try the hair salons but everyone seems to have a tech of their own!!

Anyone got any tips to get started please.

Thanks

Whitefeather

Its a bit tedious, but leaflet drops always seem to gain a few clients, and once you have a few they tell their freinds and they tel theirs and so on.

Sassy has some good tips,leaflet drops dont seem to really work,many of us have tried that and I did it a few years ago and out of about 200 I think I had only one client.Have you thought about a sign on your car,with number to call etc?try doing a search and am sure you will get some valuable info.HTH

I too have just started out. Passed my NVQ2 Manicure/Pedicure in June and just last month gained NSI Acrylic L&P & Fibreglass.

I have had business cards made on "Vistaprint" I hand them out to anyone and everyone, along with my Treatment Price List. Everywhere I go I manage to give out some - even to the checkout girls at the local "Express" supermarket. I have given all of my friends and family handfuls of them to also hand out.

I have also had a couple of Pamper Days at my house where I invited 10 people (mostly from the gym I go to) and charged them £30.00 each and together with a hairdresser friend and another friend who does reflexology/massage offered them 2 options either mini manicure or pedicure with hairwash and style or massage/reflexology. I printed up an invitation with price list on the back covering all of the treatments I am offering and asked them to bring nibbles so that they can enjoy the day and catch up with "old and new" friends etc. Both times they were a great success and have had repeat custom.

Also just added pamper parties. I done my first for a party of 4 last Saturday and was very pleased with the way it went, the best bit is that I also took 2 bookings for next week. The Pamper Party came about because of the Pamper Day I did at my house. It was a very long and tiring day, but I think it certainly kick started my "client" base. I also gave them hand outs to give to their friends and family.

Hope the above helps

Wow.. Thanks for all of the replies.

I have business cards, also by Vistaprint, they are all over the place now. Everyone gets a few cards when I meet them. I have a notice with price list and contact details on it in my car windows. As I am new to the area its a bit difficult to start pamper days or parties but I guess eventually I may be able to.

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back