Advertising with Thompson Directory

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carole.B

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone advertise with Thompsons Directory and is it worth the money, does it bring in business..xx

In my experience, no. The best advertising I have ever done, and I have done a lot, is with Yellow Pages. I had a great response when I relocated to Gloucester from Bristol and just altered the size of my ad as I got busier. I found Thompsons just didn't give me value for money. Just my opinion but based on having advertised with both of them. :)

Thanks Sheila, they presented a good package as they do when promoting a offer. Calling me back tomorrow while I think about it..xx

I havn't for myself, but my hubby owns a removals company and has advertised in thompsons, I agree with sheila, not the best one to choose, and not cheap either, mind you none of them are, yellow pages is a good one, everyone keeps one in a cupboard somewhere lol, and the phonebook is not bad as well, they have a clasified section, and mosr people keep a copy of that to hand as well, there are lots of free online places you can add your details, and gumtree is a good place to advertise for free as well, hth x ruth

Just a note to let you know that if you are a Guild member, you can get a discount on Thomsons and Yellow Pages advertising. If you are a member make sure you mention this in order to get a better deal.

done it and didnt get 1 person from in :-( D xx

Latest posts

Back