Advice about CIDESCO schools in Ireland or UK

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Die Roboter

Reaction score
Hi. I'm troubled with the choice of CIDESCO schools in Ireland&UK.
As i'm from Croatia i don't have first nor second hand information about the quality of schools or their reputation. I tried to dig something online, so i ended up here :]

What i want from school is to be fair, student oriented, modern machines, today techniques and lots of practice. I want the best education i can get,because i don't want to spend money that i saved on a wrong school

(Croatia standard is much lower than western Europe and i have to grind for years to collect the cash for this type of school).

I have finally found a career for me and that is beauty industry (Beauty therapist) and i want to do nothing else in my life. I just must know everything what there is to know. Im very determined to succeed no matter how hard or sometimes boring it'll be ;]

Information gathered here will have crucial impact on my decision and i thank you in advance.

hi hun, i did exams with both ITEC & CIDESCO with a college in Belfast, Roberta Mechan College of Beauty. I found it fantastic!

hi sweedie. did you have IPL training there?

I did ITEC CIBTAC and CIDESCO at the Yorkshire College of Beauty. They keep up with modern trends,have a very strick work ethic and yes I would recommend them. They have a good pass rate. When I was there they did not do IPL dont think it is in CIDESCO remit.

Good luck

I know The London School of Beauty & Makeup is supposed to be pretty good. I work with a girl who is just about to finish her CIDESCO mid July and she says it has been great. Having spoken to her you now do not need to cover electrolysis to do CIDESCO which you used to have to have all three CIBTAC qualifications so not sure what LSBM do with regard to hair removal. Also just in the middle of typing this so can't check back and can't remember whether it was already said but you used to have to have an electrolysis qualification to go on to laser, IPL (I think but could be wrong!).

I trained in CIBTAC at Steiner Beauty School but that closed in 2008. One of my tutors from Steiner went on to teach at the above school.

Also know there is Ray Cochrane in London if that is any help.

Also if you can find an ITEC college I know that qualification is really great too. I've trained in Reflexology for ITEC and found it a really thorough course.

Hope that helps if you haven't already found something.

ax

Last edited:
I am currently in the middle of a 2 year beauty course its a great course.
We have ITEC CIBTAC & CIDESCO everything is covered, and from next year they are covering IPL and will be ITEC examined.
Its really tough but well worth it :D

I did my CIBTAC training at Chamneys college in Tring, Hertfordshire which also carries students through to CIDESCO. The training is very intense and really hard work, requiring self discipline, motivation and commitment.

What you need to understand is that with most colleges, you won't necessarily train on the most up to date machines or with the most up to date techniques.

The reason for this is because you are learning the theory and science behind the machines and techniques, and the equipment (even if a bit dated) is adequate for this. This allows you to then go on and use this information on modern equipment, once you leave college.

Furthermore, the colleges are bound by the teaching requirements and syllabus which is set out and governed by the CIBTAC/CIDESCO examining board eg. they teach that cuticle and eponychium are the same thing... which of course they are not. However, if this is what they teach, then you have to follow this regardless.

The real learning begins after you have trained and begin your first job. Good luck with your decision.

Latest posts

Back