Advice about setting up spray tan business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello can some please give me some advice

I am thinking of setting up a mobile spray tan business, to do on an evening and weekend, as i work full time.

I have looked into training and equipment but i am still un-decided.
I was wondering how much you generally charge for all over spray tans. Also,i don't mean to be cheeky but wanted to know how much roughly i could earn per week - i know this would depend on a number of factors but just generally speaking. Is it a bad time to set up as the summer is nearly over and i suspect summer may be a busy period??

Would appreciate your help and advice.
Thank you

I don't do spray tans myself but i know they are very popular in my area,
all you can do is try! what have you got to lose? you will still have your main
job, and who knows you might end up packing in your job and doing
spray tanning full time! i would go for it.

There are few pages about setting a spray tan business on
Best Spray Tan Guide.
The best time IS summer, after that it dies down, but it is a good time to network. Get to know local wedding planners, bridal shops and photographers. You can also build a website, which - if it is done properly can bring quite a lot of money.
Make sure you practice, practice and practice first. As to income you can make a lot or nothing, it depends entirely on how resourceful you are. Especially when you don't have a shop.
Good luck

:) HI THERE ,
I think you should go for it im also starting up as well as work full time night shift 3 hrs sleep a night :| yuk
Its hard around another job but like me if it doesnt work you still have guarnteed income ,I wouldnt give up my job untill i have regular clients that are happy .
But spray tanning is what my mate does mobile she charges £30 a tan and does 3 a day in the summer !!!!!!
i HOPE YOU GO FOR IT

GOOD LUCK BABE

PAULA X:hug:

Hi hun, going rate for a spray tan in Doncaster is £20 max, there are a lot of salons that are doing them cheaper than that, which is why I dont offer them as I didnt think it would make me much money. If you are going to go for it I would go for a top end productas as there are too many salons here offering the cheap tans that look orange and it puts people off having one again. If you are wanting to get clients booking regular then you need a fab product that both you & them have faith in, which will cost a bit more.:hug:

I do mobile nails-beauty-tanning. I charge only £15 which I know is cheap but salons are only £20. I also do tanning parties where if the host gets 5 mates round I do her tan for free. Summer and Christmas are the busiest times, however sometimes I get a FREAK-WEEK and get loads booked in for no particular reason, that is just how it goes. Its worth doing so long as you use a good product, I use Couture and Tantrick as they offer 4 different DHA's (colours) to suit the individual skin type.

Good-luck and say Hi to Doncaster for me! (I grew up there for 16 years)

Thank you to all your messages
I have decided to go for it and i have my training next week. Like most of you say i have nothing to lose if its doesn't work out, i think eventually i may do other training courses e.g waxing, pedicure, manicure etc. But will see how it goes.
I would definatley use a quality product but still haven't decided which one.
I am just going to keep practising on family and friends first and then will start advertising. I think the spray tan parties are a good idea also.
Thanks again

Does anyone have any suggestions for a name for my mobile spray tanning business?

Good luck with your new spray tanning venture, you'll love it! xx

:confused:Tantastic? Or is that already taken?

Otherwise keep it simple like Tanning by ........

Yes i think there is a sunbed shop in the area i live called Tantastic, i will keep thinking

hi hun

i have been mobile spray tanning and use the name tantastic but when u look on line and do a search there is quite a few tanning places called that. :)

Just wondering what company you went with?

SunKissed

Bronzed Godess

Tanztoyou

Smartytanz

Tan Genius

Tan Genie

Tan Magic

FanTANZtic Tanz

Tanz 2 Go

Tanz on the Go

Tan Doctor

Dont forget your strap line...or your usp mine is this

UGLEES - For ladies that fake it

Toni Lee
I like ur ideas I like tanztoyou it sums up what i will be doing Thanks

Bexi
What do you mean?
If you mean training company i will be do the training course at The Albion Training Academy in Ripon
If you mean tan solution i still haven't decided i've ordered some free samples from spraytansupermarket.com i will try them out and see which one i like.

I had already thought of a few names myself what do you think........
Liquid Tan
Golden Glo
Sunspray

Liquid Tan
Golden Glo
Sunspray

I like SunSpray!!!:hug:

hi, i have a st tropez air port in my salon, i would say its deffo the best but i rate sol glo too, the best bit of advise i was ever given was by a business manager from natwest, and she told me to do buy one get one free!!!! it might sound alot and thats what i thought, then she asked me what it cost me, and i said about £2, then i realised no matter how good your offer seems, and how much other salons think your mad, youll be the one rakeing in all the custom, ive offered a free st tropez spray with any treatment over £20 in my beauty salon for one month trial, very few people book a £20 treatment, its usually £35+ so theres my profit! im now busier than any salon ive ever worked for.the rush is mad, and its not just now, i did half price dermalogica facials in winter and was equally run off my feet, infact run off my feet with three employees after just 8 months and peeps comin from 30 miles away .. that advise is priceless! happy as a pig in sh*t xx:hug:

I did a thread a while ago in the business forum about not being afraid to give away freebies as long as its clever freebies. Some people disagreed with me and said it was cheapening the salon.

I personally think an a board with chalked on or hand written offers as FREE this and that ARE cheapening the salon but clever low cost free offers - to just 'sample' a treatment are well worth the effort.

For instance doing a full set of nails with free infills is a terrible way to offer freebies - its a waste of time and money.

But a quick spray tan bogof will take you no time at all and gain you a new customer.

With you on that one mate.

yer the spray takes bout ten mins, and they are usually addicted after the first so once you take the offer away you have gained a new client for life.....
i dont think it makes the salon look cheap either, people know you have just started and once they meet me and come into the salon they know its not!!!!! lol xxxxx:lol:

Thanks for that, well what i was thinking was to practise on family and friends for free and then advertise and offer half price spray tan say at £10 but i suppose its the same as bogof.

Latest posts

Back