Advice about spots!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brittone05

Reaction score
Popping over from nail section to beg for some advice from the skin geeks please :(

as a teen, I got normal spots etc as most teens do, now at 30 I occasionally get "period" pimples on my face which aren't a worry.

My concern is that for the last 12 months or so, I have started getting major spots on my back. I am so embarassed by them that I won't wear anything that shows my back, won't wear strappy clothes and even wear a t-shirt to bed when it flares up so hubby can't see :(

My doctor prescribed me some pills ( ethery something? ) that are long term antibiotics which haven't helped at all after 6 months of taking them.

Can any of you wonderful skin geeks offer any tips or advice as to how I can try to remedy this? I know it is probably a hormonal issue but are there any good creams or anything I caould try :( xxx

I really feel for you as I had terrible acne when I was younger.

have you tried switching washing powder/fabric conditioner for one suitable for sensitive skin? I can't use certain powders as they irritate my skin something crazy!

I also think you should ask your GP to be referred to a dermatologist. It seems that this would be warranted as it is affecting your life so much, No one should feel the need to wear a t shirt in bed to cover up.

Good luck

Michelle

What products do you use on your skin steer clear of excessively oily products and get ureself a long handled body brush and use an exfoliating scrub with it huni i used to have the same problem and it was a combo of things from washing powder sweating in bed and my body wash i was using which was too oily for my skin creating a build up worth a try but i would try dermatologist if it persists xxxx

Thanks both xxxx

I use "simple" products or ones for sensitive skin and use sensitive washing powder also. When it is starting to flare up and I am feeling brave, I get hubby to exfoliate my back with a mitt and some gentle exfoliation stuff, or i will ask my 8 year old daughter to do it - she finds it hilarious seeing mummy in a bikini in the bath haha

I just never imagined that at 30 spots would become an embarrassing issue for me - thought that passed when i was like 15 lol xx

I would go to a dermatologist then hun especially using what your using most probably hormonal rather than products then once i changed and exfoliated frequently they arent as bad now sorry couldnt b of more help huni good luck xx

Thanks hunny xxx just reassurance from someone else that I am not a freak is really great to be honest, thought I was the only person who had gone through it for some stupid reason lol xxx

Lol we all go through that phase but most problems are so common a problem shared is a problem solved ;) dnt let it get to huni chin up and everything will get better u may even find its stress from thinking about it so much so try not let it bother u so much babe xx

I had this problem and got prescribed a contraceptive pill called dianette and it cleared them right up :) xxx

Latest posts

Back