Advice and criticism please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathryn135

Reaction score
Hi geeks. I went out tonight to do my first full set of acrylics (only ever done my left hand lol)
Got there and she was a nail biter 😱 there was no way I could have applied a tip, so I tried something I watched today on YouTube. I think it was by Gemma lambert, where you apply the pink first to make a free edge then apply the wrap under that. Here are my pics. I'm half proud of them, half worried that they are all going to fall off! And a bit gutted that you can clearly see where her natural nail is underneath, although she was well chuffed with them xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392064547.385452.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392064570.035035.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392064581.318849.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392064590.635437.jpg

For your first set you did well! Length and shape are good. Smile lines are lovely 😊

To avoid seeing the natural free edge you could use a coverage pink rather than sheer and it would then hide this.

As your client is a confirmed biter don't be surprised if she does lose some if not all because it will be habit for her to put them into her mouth nibble!

How did you find the method you used? I think it's a really good way of managing very short nails x

For your first set you did well! Length and shape are good. Smile lines are lovely 😊

To avoid seeing the natural free edge you could use a coverage pink rather than sheer and it would then hide this.

As your client is a confirmed biter don't be surprised if she does lose some if not all because it will be habit for her to put them into her mouth nibble!

How did you find the method you used? I think it's a really good way of managing very short nails x

Thank you! I actually found reverse French much easier to do, and after speaking to my trainer I now realise there is a different pink I can use, will defo order that for future. I only have what was in my starter kit. Fingers crossed they stay on at least a few days lol. I've had mine on for a week and they havnt budged, so happy with that xx

Latest posts

Back