Advice for Gel Newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blissful_Beauty

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm booked on a beginers gel course next week and have started looking round at which product i would like to use once trained, i'd like to be able to offer tip extensions. Its difficult with so many on the market to know which are good quality products, and at the moment im unable to decide on a range as im unsure if tips can be applied with all the systems, any advice would be much appriciated

Jan

I'm in the same boat, I look at one brand and then I see another and torn between them all.:)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Hey ..
Good Luck on your course next week ..
The best thing to do would be to ask around, ask nail technicians in your area or on forums like this to see what people think of different systems.. I personally usi NSI Gel which I feel is really good, and is good with nail extensio0ns too. Also if you can, try before you buy, go to some local salons and ask them to apply one nail using the brand of gel they use. This way you can get to see which ones you prefer..

Hope this helped :)

My tech uses NSI on me and I'm more than happy with it. It's what I'll be using once trained, but I don't have anything to compare it too as never had anything else x

Thanks for your replies, ive been looking at the NSI illusion soak off gels, can tips be applied with this system?

I luv CND brisa. It's a hard gel so it works well with tips. Strong but flexible.

I have used both NSI and Brisa and feel the latter is far superior for myself in all ways.

Hi,
I'm booked on a beginers gel course next week and have started looking round at which product i would like to use once trained, i'd like to be able to offer tip extensions. Its difficult with so many on the market to know which are good quality products, and at the moment im unable to decide on a range as im unsure if tips can be applied with all the systems, any advice would be much appriciated

Jan
Hi, who are you training with? Won't you want to use the brand that you are training with instead of trying to find a different brand when you're qualified?. Maybe it would be best to find which brand/type of gel you would like to offer and then do a course with them instead of training with a brand you don't want to use. If you want to offer extentions you will need to train with a brand that does hard gel (buff off) gel as opposed to just a soak off. The application between hard gels/extentions and soft gels is very different and it's worth learning both systems. HTH xxxx

Latest posts

Back