Advice for womens' safety - please read!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy Hassy

Reaction score
Julie, my lovely client who emigrated to Oz earlier this year, sent me this email about your personal safety. I thought there was some fab advice in there and so thought I'd share with you all ...

"This is worth taking 2 minutes to read.........

Things women should know to stay safe: Please take the time to read these pointers.
There may just be one or two you hadn't thought of. After reading this forward it to someone you care about. It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.
1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it do!
2. If a robber asks for your handbag, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM.
Toss it away from you.... he is probably more interested in your handbag than you and he will go for the handbag. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the boot of a car: Kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm through the hole and start waving. The driver won't see you but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their cheque book, or making a list). DON'T DO THIS! A predator could be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, and attack you. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.
5. A few notes about getting into your car in a car park:
A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side, floor, and check the back seat. B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door.
Most attackers surprise their victims by pulling them into
their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars
6. Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle,
and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the shop, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)
7. ALWAYS take the lift instead of the stairs. Stairwells are
horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot.
8. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control,
ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; and even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital
organ. RUN!
9. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP IT!
It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a
good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the
sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked "for help" into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
10. Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her 'Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door."
The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said, "We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door."
He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear babies' cries outside their doors when they're home alone at night.

Please pass this on. I'd like you to forward this to all the women you know. It may save a life. A candle is not dimmed by lighting another candle. I was going to send this to the ladies only, but guys, if you love your mothers,
wives, sisters, daughters, etc., you may want to pass it onto them, as well.
Send this to any woman you know that may need to be reminded
that the world we live in has a lot of crazies in it and it's better safe than
sorry. The above is directed at women, but remember guys you may
also be targeted the same way or your girlfriend/wife."

cheers for that, how creepy is that baby crying thing ?:suprised:

Bear in mind that this info comes from Oz, but I think it is pretty Universal and a sad state of the times we live in. Just hope it's advice that we never have to use.:mad:

That is creepy the thught that someone would do something like tape a babies cry, must admit if i heard one i would be out the door like shot.

thanks Sassy
x

Yes, I have a friend who is a police officer and I told him that I often have to walk alone at night and he gave me some advice that I always follow. First is take out your bunch of house/car keys and hold them in your hand. Hold them with your hand in a fist, but kind of split the bunch of keys so that some are pointing forwards and some pointing backwards. He said that if you are grabbed round the neck from behind you now have a wepon in your hand that can be jabbed backwards either into his face on into his thigh. He said the assailant will think he had been stabbed and hopefully let go momentarily at which point you run like hell.

Also he said that if you are walking and you can hear someone walking behind you then cross over the street. As you look before you cross, this gives you a chance to view the possible assailant. Also if he then crosses too you know that he is possibly up to no good, so you walk to the very next house which has a light on and knock at the door as if you are about to go in. Note though that when the door is answered, do not go in. Instead explain what has happened and ask them to call the police. Wait outside the door until the police come or until the coast is clear.

God whats it come too when women have too remember all these safety advise tips ahhhhh scary ain't it!! That baby things really creepy, sent a shiver down my spine just reading it!! Hope you don't mind but i've e-mail the advise to a couple of my friends and family! Thanks sassy much appreciated!!!:)

that's really good advice - just so sad reading what a world we live in and how we can't trust anybody.

thanks for that sas, it gave me a shiver, when the harsh reality of stuff like this stares you in the face its scary. This may sound dumb but how do i send this to friends and family? x

Yeh I do a lot of stuff like this...for example last night I was at a friends and as we left the (empty) house to go out for the night we shouted "Bye ........ see you later" loudly as we walked away so anyone up to no good would think A there was someone in the house and B someone knew where we were going and when we would be back.

just bumping this up, can anyone tell me how i can send these to friends and family, can't bloody figure it out x

elfprincessem said:
just bumping this up, can anyone tell me how i can send these to friends and family, can't bloody figure it out x

Copy and paste it into your email - that's what I did

just tried that suzie, and its not happening but thanks anyway x

Suzie.e said:
Copy and paste it into your email - that's what I did

yeh copy it, then paste into create mail, then add as many contacts as you want to send it too in the to: box on the e-mail!! HTH!!

thanks leah do i have to highlight it first, sorry no good with things like this x

Excellent post, it is sad what we have to think about these days just to feel safe. It makes me look at my daughter and hope she will be okay when i'm not here to look after her. ( i know that won't be for years.....i hope, but it does make you think)

Good thread Sassy. I can strongly agree with the points made. Im a prison officer and believe me its scary to think of what people are capable of, even more so that a lot of those responsible are only juveniles. Please be wary and dont under estimate sosmeone on what their capable of by their age, size or even gender. Be safe geeks.

elfprincessem said:
thanks leah do i have to highlight it first, sorry no good with things like this x

Yeh highlight it all, then cut and paste into create mail. Then as i said earlier just add which contacts you want to send it to in the "to" bar then press send!! :D

My dad used to tell me to mutter to myself whilst walking home alone...if a nutter thinks you are nuttier than him he might think twice...but to be honest i would never walk home alone now...i would ring someone..even in the middle of the night to come and fetch me if i had to...its just not worth the risk.

brilliant advice.
now the dark nights have set in i am only doing mobile during "daylight hours" now

Thank you hun theres some good stuff there def gunna email it to my friends and family.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back