Advice from my physio for all, but help needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma84

Reaction score
Ok so after the car accident with disc, nerve damage and whiplash I met my physio for the first time and she has been fantastic.
She is concerned that Beauty Therapists, Beauticians and Hair Stylists do not have ( as part of the training ) any advice about posture and exercises to counteract or help with the sometimes odd and very straining positions we get into as part of our job.
She has been a god send to me but on her advice I am looking for a wrist rest for my clients that is a lot higher then the average ones to take the strain off of the back of my neck. The problem comes from it also being comfortable enough for my clients, their posture, elbows etc.
I would have loved my physio coming to me when I was training many many many moons ago lol to give me advice then to help me and prevent strain on my body for the future, being hyper mobile hasn't helped

Ok so after the car accident with disc, nerve damage and whiplash I met my physio for the first time and she has been fantastic.
She is concerned that Beauty Therapists, Beauticians and Hair Stylists do not have ( as part of the training ) any advice about posture and exercises to counteract or help with the sometimes odd and very straining positions we get into as part of our job.
She has been a god send to me but on her advice I am looking for a wrist rest for my clients that is a lot higher then the average ones to take the strain off of the back of my neck. The problem comes from it also being comfortable enough for my clients, their posture, elbows etc.
I would have loved my physio coming to me when I was training many many many moons ago lol to give me advice then to help me and prevent strain on my body for the future, being hyper mobile hasn't helped

Oh no poor you, I hope you are okay. I have a nailpillo from s2 and cannot recommend it enough, its a lit higher than most nail pillows and super comfortable. My clients love it, I'd never look back now xx

I'm a lot better now thanks, oo I will have to have a look do they have a website do you know? X

I'm a proper slouch. I don't know I'm doing it, I just get wrapped up in what I'm doing.

Need to make a more determined effort to keep straight.

Good luck with your Physio
Vicki x

Thank you for highlighting this, I'm a slouch too, somehow I have a need to be as close as possible to the nails I'm working on (I dont like to miss anything!) BUT I've got a kneeling chair which is a godsend and without it I would be crippled.
Google Varier and www.backinaction.co.uk for further info.

Hope you feel better soon x

Latest posts

Back