Advice Hollywood waxing - 1st client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ang12

Reaction score
Hi All

Hope you are having a lovely evening. I'm stressing.
So I'm a new therapist... I have a degree but decided to go back to study something new during my second Maternity Leave... now started my business from home and most treatments ok.

However BIKINI waxes terrify me (yes even after having 2 kids) - I'm ok having it done but doing it to someone makes me want to cry as I don't want to hurt them or get stuck.

I've done a few Hollywood on people I know but those all get waxed regularly and have thin hair... now tomorrow finally my first client asking for a full Hollywood and my stomach is turning tonight.

I have done a course on intimate waxing but now it has been 1 year since I did it.
Any advices? The middle part is what I'm mostly worried where Hot wax always gets stuck...

Please any advice on technique or also what to do if I get stuck in there?

Any help much appreciated.
Thank you in advance
Angela

Make sure you put the wax on thick enough in this area - if it snaps, this is what will cause your client pain.

Ensure you use the end of the spatula to really push the wax through the hair. If the wax does get stuck, don’t panic, you can apply more over the top making sure that it’s set before you pull.

Always push the wax through the hair until you get to a hairless point. This will help you get enough grip. Stretch the skin too.

Remember, be confident and professional. Good luck [emoji6]

I did my first Hollywood today after training on a very hairy lady, it was great! Put the wax on really nice and thick and really push it into the hair. Also make sure your lip for the wax is on a bit that has no hair! Don’t stress and work methodically and it will be fine [emoji4]

How did it go Ang12?

Cleaning the skin of all oils then powdering always helps. Also remember to apply pressure after you remove the wax, the calms the skin from all the blood rushing to the surface. No matter what happens keep your co fidence and your cool and make small talk. She will love you. Good luck!

Hi Ang12 I was just wondering how your Hollywood wax went? Hope it was ok x

Latest posts

Back