Advice - I really hate my job

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katyc01

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm sorry to post this on here but I just need to get it off my chest and I don't really have anyone to talk to about it.

I'm currently working in an office job (done office work 5 years) but recently I'm really really hating it, it's starting to get me down and I feel like it's breaking me down as a person.

I'm qualified level 3 beauty but I have practiced for a few years, about 5 years now and I've just tonight started an evening course for level 3 nails which I'm hoping in the future I'll be able to go self employed but I understand a lot of work and practice is needed before I can do that.

I'm just after some advice really as to what to do and that maybe others have been in this position too and have gotten out, I really need a way out as I honesty feel like I'm starting to change as a person, I used to be quite bubbly and was always cheery now I feel like I'm constantly miserable and bring people around me down.

Sorry to moan and thankyou in advance.

Being stuck on the Corporate treadmill is one of the best ways to get really depressed about your job. I did it for years and it so got to me that I went off sick with depression and then decided to do something totally different. Only you can change this. But whatever you choose to do, you have to have total focus on that one thing to make it work.

Being stuck on the Corporate treadmill is one of the best ways to get really depressed about your job. I did it for years and it so got to me that I went off sick with depression and then decided to do something totally different. Only you can change this. But whatever you choose to do, you have to have total focus on that one thing to make it work.

Thankyou for the reply, yes I agree. I think I need to just put on my big girl pants and be ready to work work work. Thanks again!

You'd be surprised how much others can bring you down. Get away from toxic them and you'll feel better. I work as a Reiki healer, and a lot of my clients are suffering from this.

You'd be surprised how much others can bring you down. Get away from toxic them and you'll feel better. I work as a Reiki healer, and a lot of my clients are suffering from this.
Yes I think a lot of us are very unhappy in our work at the moment and it creates a hard working environment especially when your already not happy and doing long days so tired. It's a very hard circle to get out of though money wise especially

it is hard when you come to rely on a certain wage. But that's the price you pay. So, often, sacrifices have to be made.

I feel you. Sometimes the monotony can really get you down. Have you had a vacation recently?

I feel exactly the same. Trained 7/8 years ago and now looking for a way back in. I've worked really hard in my career and now am an office manager at a university and the price I've paid is i now have CFS and my anxiety is so bad because of it all. I loved working in beauty, it was hard but at least i wasn't staring at a screen all day with no thanks.

Latest posts

Back