advice needed about client with cancer.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jinxx

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im really hoping someone can give me some advice. I have a client coming in this week she has had her nails done (acrylic L&P) by someone else last week and basically there a mess, the lady would like them soaking off and a new set re-applying. But when i explained to the lady i would be soaking them off with acetone she replied that she had Cancer and that she thinks that because of the cancer and that she is on Tomoxafen tablets that she can't have acetone. I said i would check over the weekend and let her know before her appointment. Anyones help would be really apprieated Thanks!

can't you file/buff down the old product just to be on the safe side?

Yeah thanks i had thought of that too, but some of the nails are red underneath and client says a couple are tender, i think the natural nail has been over filed.

Does anyone else have any advice or has had this problem PLEASE i would really like to help this lady out as she was very upset.

Jinxx said:
Yeah thanks i had thought of that too, but some of the nails are red underneath and client says a couple are tender, i think the natural nail has been over filed.
Does anyone else have any advice or has had this problem PLEASE i would really like to help this lady out as she was very upset.

I see no reason why she couldn't use acetone, it is one of the safest solvents, and should not react to her medication, the worst effect is over drying of skin...
(refer doug schoon book) If you are really in doubt, or your client is truly concerned, give her doctor a quick call. HTH's

If it was me, id seek her doctors approval b4 treatment/s as he/she could tell you for sure if it was ok or could cause side affects.:D

Latest posts

Back