Advice needed from other extensionists,and professionals please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endless

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I work mobile fitting hair extensions,and im just wondering what your opinions are in regards to uniform, i do wear uniform occasionally, sometimes i will wear a tunic,or i have a couple of blouses with my business name on them,ill wear these with smart trousers, or sometimes i wear my smart black trousers with a nice trendy glam top,and nice accessories.i would never wear jeans or anything like that.
I always get compliments from my clients when i wear my own clothing,and feel miles comfier,and tend to think it makes my clients feel more laid back,but am i portraying an unprofessional image? I do like to think that my experience,and good work shows that i know what im doing,and i certainly am no push over with clients,but i would just like to know what you think, I have asked a few clients what they think,and they say they wouldnt expect me to be in uniform?
opinions greatly recieved,
Thanks ladies xx

Hi ,

For me personally I dont wear a uniform and often wear jeans, I wouldnt think that any of my clients would think any different of me with or without uniform. For me my presentation is in my work and my character and my personal hygiene is to the highest standard. I would say 95% of my client base is loyal. I had toyed with the idea a few years ago but for convenience and comfort I wear my own clothes. Especially as sometimes with clients all day. x

Thanks for your reply
x

I dont wear jeans for work , i live in them all the other time tho. I dont have a uniform but i limit myself to 3 colours black silver/grey and pink and everything matches my clothes , literature and equipment. That way i feel professional smart without cramping my individuality!:D

for replying x

when i was mobile i didnt wear a uniform but did similar to luclastix
i wore black, grey, and red .. never trainers always a nice pair of flat.. i wore jeans from time to time but i nice smartish pair not baggy ones..

when i was mobile i didnt wear a uniform but did similar to luclastix
i wore black, grey, and red .. never trainers always a nice pair of flat.. i wore jeans from time to time but i nice smartish pair not baggy ones..
Thanks hun. think smart cas it is : )
x

You know I would love to have my staff and myself to be in clothes which are comfy but the thing which i have learnt especially when it comes to marketing your business is to have something which you yourself are happy with.

Especially the feeling of having to work for a company which values its image outside and that is why I have my staff have wear the uniform.

We change the theme every so often just to keep the buzz going and promoting one or another product.

Hope that helps hun

Hi

I am a Mobile Hairdresser and I only wear certain clothes for work, and always put a tabbard on when I'm actually working. What I wear does is generally black leggings and a coloured top, winter time I might wear black jeans, but I have got to say I do mostly feel "scruffy", I think its because I tend to wash/wear constantly. I also recieve compliments, only recently i had ahospital appointment and the doctor said to me " I could tell you was a hairdresser you look so glamorous!" which I defnately took as a compliment as only 3 weeks away from my 40th!

I have rebranded my business and about to train in Balmain hair extensions, I will be relaunching on 1st July, and I have literally this morning ordered ladies t-shirts with my logos on. So it does so8und like we're all on the same wave length?

Just put of interest would you mind telling me what your charges are as I'm trying to sort mine at present?

Cheers:D

Last edited:
Thanks for all your reply ladies : )
I think I have my answer, stick to limited colours,smart and glam, my fave!! hehe!!
Think i might have to show hubby this post,and use it as an excuse to go shopping, lol
xx

For business purposes obviously! Don't show him do what I do just tell him the business is paying for it, that goes straight over my hubby's head!

Thanks for all your reply ladies : )
I think I have my answer, stick to limited colours,smart and glam, my fave!! hehe!!
Think i might have to show hubby this post,and use it as an excuse to go shopping, lol
xx

definetely the way to go.. smart glam... you are standing for hours anyway you need to be comfy but still look nice.
i always go in looking half decent and by the end of day im a sweaty mess anyway..

enjoy the shopping

lol,sweaty mess, id also like to add, parched, and starving hungry to that!!
x

definetely the way to go.. smart glam... you are standing for hours anyway you need to be comfy but still look nice.
i always go in looking half decent and by the end of day im a sweaty mess anyway..

enjoy the shopping

lol,sweaty mess, id also like to add, parched, and starving hungry to that!!
x

Im glad its not only me ! I was beginning to feel such a scruff with you all talking about smart, glam and colour co ordinated. I tried tunic at first but that and black trousers so uncomfortable and reminded me of my office days. I get complimented on my perfume and thats about it :D

Latest posts

Back