Advice needed, have been asked to hold a stall?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deedee84

Reaction score
Hi all

Need a little advice I have been asked to attend a charity night local to me and hold a stall costing £50 which goes to the charity. what sort of thing could I offer? There will also be a charity auction which they have asked if id like to give to. I have never down anything like this any advice much appreciated as out of my depth?:irked:

Thank you

I did something similar to this last xmas but it was only £10 for the table. We offered Shellac mani's

It would help if you said what skills you have :) - Do you do nails , waxing hair ect

Not being a skinflint but depending on the event £50 for a local 'stall' seems to be rather steep . As the other girl said £10/20 is more the norm but hey ho

They will see it as good advertising for you and it may well be

What is the charity , where is is being held and what type of event is it ?.- Huge difference between a Black Tie event and a 'fete ' type thing

Just give a little more info and it will help people to post constructive replies for you
xx

perfect10kb that would help thanks,

Sorry I do nails shellac, waxing, mani, pedi, tanning,

It sounds like a fate type? I thought £50 sounded alot but it goes to the charity that night.

what did you charge iamaleximus for your shellac manis and how long a slots did you do?

thanks

Yes I think £50 is a lot . Do you think that it is likely they will get a lot of people through the door and what type of people do you think are likely to attend ?

These are the things you need to consider for A) is it worth it and B ) if you think it is how to tailor the 'treatments '

When I did this type of thing I did not do a whole treatment as the whole point was to get as many people aware of your services as possible . I just used to do one sample Finger in a gel polish ect and did not charge anything at all - The whole event was about promoting your services

It does depend on what the charity are going to be advertising it as . Are they saying that there are treatments available ? In which case then work out how you can make best use of your time there . There is no point on spending a whole hour doing a treatment on one person . Try and think of some thing that you can maybe do in 15 mins or so and charge accordingly.

I would think something in the nail line would be best but also make sure that your 'table is well laid out and attractive while being professional and promote all the services that you offer . Nice flower arrangement on the table always pretties thing up as do 'scatter ' crystal beads ect

Make sure you have price lists and appointments cards and your diary in case you can book any clients in on the night :)

Be well prepared for any questions that people may have and be confident in the way you speak

xx

Last edited:
We charged £15 and gave a basic shellac service and time if they wanted nail art we charged £20. We gave a free minx treatment as that has the lowest cost per service. Don't feel we really benefitrd from doing it and i personally wouldn't pay more than £15 for the stall i understand its for charity but you are also in it to make some money. X

Jw
We charged £15 and gave a basic shellac service and time if they wanted nail art we charged £20. We gave a free minx treatment as that has the lowest cost per service. Don't feel we really benefitrd from doing it and i personally wouldn't pay more than £15 for the stall i understand its for charity but you are also in it to make some money. X
llo

Hello

I am doing an event next weekend and offering simple nail art designs. I was wondering how best to structure the time in terms of take bookings or just have people wait? This is an event where people will drop in so I am currently unsure! How did you organise it?
Thank you

We just worked on a first come first served and then gave a time we would be finished for the next client to come back. so I suppose was sort of appointment based. x

I did something like this recently. It was a 'ladies night out' theme so lots of stalls with handbags, candles, cupcakes etc. I just started my own mobile beauty business so was more so to get myself out there. It was only €25 for table though. I was the only beauty based stall. I had my leaflets to hand out and did gel polish and regular polish. I worked off a first come first served and actually had people waiting in line to have it done! I did nails non stop for hours! I made quite a bit of money for a few hours and was delighted to have gotten my name out! The first 20 mins no one came up to the table, everyone wandered past and kept looking but no one asked to have it done, I had my mam there with me so I decided to do her nails to pass the time, the minute she sat down I had everyone coming up to ask if they could be next. I realised that nobody wanted to be the first to come up and ask but when they saw someone else doing it they all wanted it! So its good to have someone there on hand that you can do a demo on so you're not sitting around looking bored!

Hello

I am doing an event next weekend and offering simple nail art designs. I was wondering how best to structure the time in terms of take bookings or just have people wait? This is an event where people will drop in so I am currently unsure! How did you organise it?
Thank you

Don't forget to collect peoples email address's or contact number for your database or next marketing campaign too :) I usually take something for people to fill out and as an incentive for doing so i pick one persons name at random at the end of the night to win a small prize (usually a voucher for a small treatment). :)

Latest posts

Back