Advice needed - how do I fit in a course with my day job!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onnagata21

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Newbie here and I need some advice. I have chosen the training I want to do, it's the foundation course in Glasgow with Creative Nail Academy. The course lasts for 12 days but here's my dilemma; I work full-time.

There's two way about this I can go. I can either take a holiday from work to complete the course and it means that I have a job at the end of it or do I leave my current job, do the course and then try and find a job?

Any advice as to how you guys all did it would be great. Also, how do you get a job in a nail salon once you've completed your foundation course?? :eek:

Help!

thanks

Onnagata21 xx

i would book it as holiday....you don't want to be leaving your job just for 12 days then have the hassle of trying to find another.

going by what i have read on here, some seem to be having trouble getting salon jobs...but you could do mobile in the evenings (after your daytime job) and weekends....while your looking....or even have a home set up.

same here - i would definitly take it as holiday!!! u really dont want to quit your job and then find out its really hard to get a salon job. do the course - see how you feel keep your job and do as much practising as you can nights/week ends ect on family/friends. by practising you will feel more confident too as most salons will ask you to do a trade test - some work in front of them on the interview so they can see how you work ect

hope this helps!!

tori

Take it as holiday.
Get lots of practise on family and friends in the evenings and weekends.
When you're good and confident, look for a salon job and hand in your notice.

It makes no sence to give up everything now.
You have no idea how hard you are going to find it - it's not as easy as it looks!! No point in adding pressure!

Just too echo what everyone else has said really and take it as holiday!

You will find you need lots and lots of practise when you first qualify but you will also need too pay the bills!

Hi guys!

Newbie here and I need some advice. I have chosen the training I want to do, it's the foundation course in Glasgow with Creative Nail Academy. The course lasts for 12 days but here's my dilemma; I work full-time.

There's two way about this I can go. I can either take a holiday from work to complete the course and it means that I have a job at the end of it or do I leave my current job, do the course and then try and find a job?

Any advice as to how you guys all did it would be great. Also, how do you get a job in a nail salon once you've completed your foundation course?? :eek:

Help!

thanks

Onnagata21 xx

Hi, Have you contacted CNA Scotland on 0141 774 5999 regarding this course, as there are also evening course available. this could solve your problem.

Hi Izzidoll,

I emailed them this morning and I totally forgot that they offered the evening class. Thanks everyone for the advice!!

:)

Hi, Have you contacted CNA Scotland on 0141 774 5999 regarding this course, as there are also evening course available. this could solve your problem.

now theres a solution..!!...you can always rely on Izzi to do whatever she can to help..xx

Latest posts

Back