Advice needed, L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelajane

Reaction score
Hi, my client was here on Friday for infills (L+P) all went well, but she text me yesterday saying one of her fingers were sore, a bit swollen and felt jaggy in the corner and very tender to touch, she is coming to see me today to have a look, could anyone give me some advice as to what it will be and how to sort it. Thanks xx

Maybe a little infection, that could have nothing to do with you. I have these sometimes and they are a bit yukky! She could try soaking in hot salt water and see if anything is drawn out. Gp said I am more prone as I am diabetic. Until you look at her finger though you wont know.

Thank you, do you think i should just remove it and have a look and would it be ok to put a new nail back on x

Without seeing the finger it is impossible to know.

I was a model recently for someone starting out on nails and after a full set a couple of my fingers were really sore and tender to touch. I put this down to excessive filing. Could it be that your filing techniques have caused the nail to be tender? If this is the case the tenderness will lesson in a day or so, so it shouldn't be as tender by the time she comes to see you x

Thanks, I will wait and see when she gets here, im just concerned about the jaggy feeling in the cuticle area and her finger being swollen. x

Depends whether the soreness is coming from under the nail or is located on the sidewall or by the corner of the free edge. You might have caught her with the file and she has a sore small cut to the skin or she has whitlow (as Nickie suggests the hot salt water will help) coming on the sidewall again due to being caught with the file or due to catching the living tissue around the cuticle area. Without seeing it, it would be hard to tell but if it is not under the nail then leave it on and tell her to keep the cut or abrasion in the surrounding area clean with a small amount of antiseptic lotion and it should die down.

Removing the nail to put another nail on might make the situation worse! You could try the above and then check back with her again to see if it has subsided in a couple days.....make sure you recheck the consultation details to be sure she isn't taking any medication and look carefully to make sure she hasn't been picking at anything

hth x

Thank you so much for your advice, much appreciated x

Ive just seen her, and it was nothing serious, some of the L+P was on the cuticle and was pulling a bit on her skin, loosened it of and she said it felt much better x

Latest posts

Back