Advice needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dilly_doo

Reaction score
Hiya all! I haven't posted in a while, I'm just looking for some advice please...

I'm renting a room in Manchester city centre at the moment for 500pcm/125pw its primarily a makeup academy/salon. There is also a nail tech and I rent the (very small) beauty room. It's not done up to a good standard, it looks thrown together and there is just ONE plug socket in the most awkward place ever right by the door, this was meant to be being fixed along with the damp in the room, still hasn't been sorted.

Now here's where I need advice, I've been wanting to train in enhancements for years I've just always had to put it off because of money. The nail tech here has now started doing acrylic, she used to just do Bio, and has told me she doesn't want me offering them after my course. Which I totally understand.

But I feel as though I'm missing out on a huge market by not doing nails, I cant do enhancements, manicures or anything to do with gel here. I can only do natural nail pedicures....

I'm doing a nail course at the end of april and obviously don't want to waste the money I'll be spending so I want to be somewhere I can actually do nails....

So I've started looking at other salons, I've found one in Pendlebury for 75pw and I would have access to 3 much larger rooms and a bathroom with a shower for body treatments.

The only problem is its a new salon, they do not have an established client base so I'm worried I'll be starting from scratch again as I fear many of my clients will not follow me because it will be just too far from city centre, most of them are professionals who work in the city.

So... Any advice will be greatly appreciated I definitely need some perspective on this x

Anyone?? I'm really struggling here

Latest posts

Back