advice needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

time-to-relax

Reaction score
i am looking to rent a room attached to a large health club @ £25 per day the only thing is it has to be under there name what do you think ?
i have appointment with them tomorrow

any questions i should ask ?

thank you

What does the £25 include? Are you going to get any nasty extra surprises like bills etc? What is the likelihood of the rent going up? How much notice would you have to give if you wanted to leave? What sort of advertising could you do on the premises?

Can't think of any more off the top of my head! That's just the ones that immediately came to mind.

Good luck tomorrow anyway.

I was looking to make a similar move recently, the Fitness First clubs were looking for self employed therapists in our area, couple of things to watch out for, i thought they had 1 treatment room, but they were actually looking to fill a few in each club, i would just double check that you would get the monopoly on the treatments you offer.
also, they talked alot about the recruiting members promotion they do and said how the therapist would go too, so would you have to do that, also would you have to advertise them on your independant advertising.
Hth, one more thing, write your list of questions to take with you, i know what i'm like, step into a meeting and mind goes blank!!
xx

It may be in your contract that if you leave you may not be able to set up a beauty business with in a certain mile radios and with in so long! Just something to think about. let my knw how it goes. gook luck. x

Nothing in addition to the above really

Check when you talking about what happens if you leave that there isnt any charges to do so as well.

Try not too pay anything in advance and dont agree to anything on the day (certainly dont sign anything)

Agree a payment frequency as well - agree to pay once a month for example to make it more manageable for you (weeklys fine if your happy with that).

Get there in plenty of time to calm yourself if your feeling a bit nervous.

Also, if you go with it then remember its your business and be carefull not to get drawn in to doing jobs for them as well at no cost - It seems obvious but it happens.

All the best im sure you'll do great!

Latest posts

Back