Advice needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junejuno

Reaction score
I was hoping that someone may be able to help me find a dedicated computer salon management software package suitable for a hair and beauty salon.

I want to be able to log in appointments and track stock levels etc.
Does anyone use anything similar? Any recommendations anyone of tried and tested systems or one's to avoid?

Any advice most welcome

Last edited:
I don't have any contact details, but i've always used Chase Premier Software Solutions; they make a program called Premier Salon (Also do Premier Spa I think)...I don't know how they all differ, but I really liked it, and it's got so many things to help you out; working out how much you've taken in a set period, computerised booking, computerised cancellation charges, working out how much each therapist has taken, showing you the most popular times/treatments etc.

It's a good one!! (Just read that back and realised how much it sounds like I work for them!!! I don't!! haha!!) :eek:

Thanks Bomburina, that's helpful.
I googled management software too and there are loads out there :confused:

Can anyone narrow this down for me as to the good, bad and the ugly please?

I've only seen a couple of systems at beauty shows, so have not had a chance to play with them in detail, so would not be able to advise.

I do, however, want to design my own salon management system at some stage, so would be looking for people to "beta test" it for free at some stage in the future...

There are many systems out there. You need to think about a number of things, budget for one, and if you want a one off payment or monthly subscription. Also if you need the hardware to go with it. I have tested a few systems, one was really good with the ability to send text messages to clients for offers and appointment reminders as well as all the usual appointment, stock control, staff rota and reporting tools. A few of the others I tested had code bugs, were akward to use or were just a dressed up version of microsoft outlook!

Steviemac,
Can you put a name to the one's you liked and disliked please?

Hi,

In my salons we use millennium, which I love and couldn't be without out now, they have various different packages and they supply everything you need, it has totally changed my business for the better.

Here is the link to their website : Harms Software Inc.

Hope this helps

x

Hi
I cant really put a name to them all, I have tested about 15 different solutions in all. Millenium was not one of them.
I will dig out the name of my favourite and post it here.

Latest posts

Back