Advice needed ..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickie@Nailmania-Limited

Goldie Hawn Geek
Reaction score
Hi All

My landlord has gone into administration recently and my current lease expires in August 2011.

I have been considering going mobile if business does not pick up, which may still be an option.

However, my accountant says I should approach local hair salons to see if they have a room to rent out. As this could take sometime, I was wondering how to approach this? Do I write a letter to the local salons? and if so, what should I write? I will also go into the salons and ask too .. But I will do both.

So the advice needed is how to word a letter.

Any advice would be extremely helpful.

Thanks xxx

If that approach does not work initially, I will go mobile until I can find a room in a local salon to rent.

I hope business picks up for you Nickie!

I am assuming you are thinking of pursuing renting space after Xmas. You should glam yourself up (you always look great!), arm yourself with your portfolio and cold call the salons on their quiet days. Try and speak with the owner or manager and if they are not available, have a copy of your CV which you can leave for them.

A lot of salons think it is something they are not interested in until they are presented with an attractive and viable business plan. A good way to start negotiations for renting space is c20% of takings until you can both gauge the potential.

Good luck, keep us posted and I wish you lots of success in 2011 xx:)

Hi Christine
Long long time! Thanks for the advice. Will have to sort out the CV as I haven't really needed one for a long time! Time flies so quickly these days!

Not sure I have a portfolio as such, just my certificates .. but that will all be itemised on my CV when done.

Will keep you posted

Nickiexxx

I think what I would be doing is asking what is going to happen in the meantime, will you be allowed to stay til the expiration date or if someone buys the premises will you get to sign another lease?

I would save time writing a letter, I find that people don't reply to a letter. I would ring around. Sound professional, and say something like I'm currently at xxx place but due to circumstances your looking at renting a room within a hairdressers and just wondered if you have space or was thinking about renting a beauty therapist a room!

Don't forget to mention your existing client base. Good luck.

Hi

Thanks for all the replies! :)

The reason it has taken me a while to reply is due to the fact that I have recently moved the salon. I managed to get a room above a large hairdressers right in the centre of Tunbridge Wells. Rent the same but includes all bills etc. For the first 4 months they have offered me 50% off the rent until 1 August! An offer too good to be true !!!! :lol:

Just thought you would all like to know.

What is the competition like for Mobile Therapists in your area?

I live in a relatively large town and although there are 1 or 2 other mobile theapists, i have had plenty of work.

HI
There are a few mobile nail technicians in the area I think but they don't seem to advertise. I have not been mobile myself so can't really comment on how busy this area is locally.

Best wishes

Latest posts

Back