advice needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss belle

Reaction score
im not sure if i have posted this in the right forum! im still trying to get to grips with how to work this! sorry!:eek:

my friend owns a local pub and as asked me if i would be interested in doing a girls night with beauty treatments. I do all the beauty side and i know a friend that does nails.
It will be held in the lounge area of the pub and it will only be local women and friends that we will be doing the treatments on. my friend which owns the pub is really wanting me to do this as she want's pampering and it will also bring her money in from the drinks she will sell, she doesnt want any money for the room either.
do you think this is a good idea?
what treatments should we use?
what prices shal we charge?
any ideas?
please help me decide and give me some advice thankyou :green::lol: xx

Hi Miss Belle

I would say it depends on your own circumstances as to whether or not you do this.

Do you need new business? If so then this could be a good way of getting new clients. If not, could it damage your reputation?
Do you simply want to help your friend out?
Is it that your friend wants a free treatment?
How secure from prying eyes is the lounge area? This will have a direct impact (obviously) on the treatments you can offer.

You're in Doncaster. The pubs not the Cocked Hat is it?

Hope this helps. :hug:

I think its a fab idea, I would go for it. You can only try it cant you ? Unless of course you're not too keen on it all. I would keep your prices as they are and perhaps offer them a voucher for a treatment in your salon so you get some repeat biz from it. Might try it myself in my local pub !! Let us know how you get on, good luck xxx

Hi the landlady asked me if I would do her and her daughters nails for her a couple of weeks ago, when I got there some one had phoned in sick so there was no cover for the bar... So there I was set up in the corner of the lounge, doing first the daughter nails then the Mums, while people kept coming over to have a nosey...I got 4 extra clients out of that...converted a few people who think we ''only do nails''..
And just today two of the guys from there asked me if I do mens manicures and pedicures, so I would say you go for it, who knows where it will lead xx

Hiyah

I think it will be a fantastic opportunity for you to build up your clientelle.

Go for it hun

Good luck
sue x

This has given me some ideas myself.

There's a pub just over the road from my salon, with new owners. The landlady just happens to have been in a few times already, before taking over the pub. It may be worth having a word with her

thanks alot for all your advice i will let you know how it goes.....think it will be in sept xx:lol:

Latest posts

Back