Advice on blonde hair please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lollipop23

Reaction score

Hi guys just looking for some advice. I have been bleaching my hair for past 3 years now and its always been a platinum looking colour. I now want to go a golden blonde or dark blonde, what would be the best dye to use to do this? would a tint be better than a semi permanent? Im planning on using Koleston Perfect 6/0 would this give me the right colour of dark blonde? also would i need to use a protein filler before hand?

Many Thanks x

This really is not something to try and do yourself. The colour you have bought will go khaki. Please either go to a salon, book a mobile or be a model at a college.

I no this but i just cant afford salon prices, im fed up of putting ash toners/silver shampoo on my hair.Plus i went to hairdresers about 3 months ago and she put on shade of dark blonde through my hair and it faded after 3 weeks back to bleached blonde just waste £80. I understand if i put a darker blonde on my hair it will fade out quick but i dont mind aslong as my hairs toned down alot. I no you professionals want to give the best advice but i am going to do it myself anyway i just would like some advice on best possible colour to put on my bleached hair to tone it down. Many thanks

If you have a read of the geek commandments, you will understand that we cannot give you advice for a home job. This is a pro forum for hair pro's to discuss ideas and problems. We use pro colours only which are not available for the public to buy or use.

Sorry i cant have read the geek commandents word for word! And i buy my hair dye from sallys, the hair colours i use is what they use in salons!

even though you are going to buy a pro colour you are going to buy the wrong shade for what you are trying to achieve, as said above it will go khaki. Do you kno how to mix the colours properly and what % to use? It will end up costing you more to fix your hair if it goes wrong than if u went and got it done by a pro in the first place. xx

Latest posts

Back