Advice on Dr referral letter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zemma

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I was taught on my course that if you didnt want to treat a client if they had a nail disordrer and you though it was bettre to see a doctor first you had to write a refferal lettre to the clients doctor, i was never actually shown what info you need in the lettre and what to say really can anyone help me?

i just want to cover all eventualitys before i go mobile

thanks
zem x

You would just write saying :
I have seen **** (clients name) today for nail ehancements etc and have been unable to carry out this service due to *****(description).
So I am referring them to you for treatment.

Every CND student manual has an example of a dr's letter that I wrote.

Maybe someone would be kind enough to reproduce it here on the site. I have posted it before but for the life of me I can't find it on my search attempts .. it is now driving me nuts that I can't find it ...................... HELP someone!!

This is copied from the CND training manual:

Dear Doctor________

I am the owner of __________________ nail salon in _________________

I am a professionally qualified and insured nail technician. My business is to change the appearance of client's natural nails by the application of artificial nail enhancements. The enhancement products give a permanent coating of plastic polymer that is chemically bonded to the natural nail plate.

Your patient Mrs _______________ has expressed a wish to have nail enhancement services from my salon. I have advised her to obtain your permission prior to any treatment.

Would you please send a letter with your patient confirming that it is acceptable to proceed with the artificial nail service.

Yours Faithfully,

Hope that helps Geeg :green:

This is copied from the CND training manual:

Dear Doctor________

I am the owner of __________________ nail salon in _________________

I am a professionally qualified and insured nail technician. My business is to change the appearance of client's natural nails by the application of artificial nail enhancements. The enhancement products give a permanent coating of plastic polymer that is chemically bonded to the natural nail plate.

Your patient Mrs _______________ has expressed a wish to have nail enhancement services from my salon. I have advised her to obtain your permission prior to any treatment.

Would you please send a letter with your patient confirming that it is acceptable to proceed with the artificial nail service.

Yours Faithfully,

Hope that helps Geeg :green:

Ang .... You are a top star ... YOU are why I love this site !!! Ask and ye shall receive. Bless your heart ................. I spent 45 minutes looking for it ............... trust me not to have a student manual to hand!! How funny is that???

Many thanks. :hug:

What is good about this letter is that it seeks professional advice but you are not trying to tell the doctor the problem .... the dr will appreciat the professionalism of this and may even refer people to you who need enhancment help. My dr did .. sent me many over the years with disfigured nails etc to enhance .. it was a great relationship.

trust me not to have a student manual to hand!! How funny is that???

The reason why you don't have a student manual because you are not a nail student.....

Though I am surprised ( and a little disappointed.. ) that you don't know the manual off by heart by now..!! :lol:

Ang .... You are a top star ... YOU are why I love this site !!! Ask and ye shall receive. Bless your heart ................. I spent 45 minutes looking for it ............... trust me not to have a student manual to hand!! How funny is that???

I'm just glad I stopped you pulling your hair out looking for the info Gigi....and you've cracked it in your statement above...it's why we all love this site :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you ever so much guys this has been really helpfull im very greatfull to all who posted.

your all lovley geeks :)

zem x:hug:

Latest posts

Back