Advice on eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayhay

Reaction score
Hi! I am qualified in eyelash extensions but I am so slooow at them I know this comes with time. But im just wonderong about your methods of application, do you do one eye at a time or work on both a lash at a time? What do you find makes the process that little bit quicker. I also struggle with the lashes but maybe my glue os just to slow but when o come back to a section I find it has stuck to other lashes around it! Even though I dont apply excess glue and always wipe over with a tooth pick to make sure there is no excess so would like some advice :) x

Hi

Keep working alternate eyes, that way they will be even and you can stop when you get tired.

also, try taping the eyes across the face to the ear. This will stretch the lids and make it less likely that the lashes stick together.

Once you've done about 50 sets, you should be fast enough to move up to the faster glue, until then you will probably just get in a mess.

Lashing takes time, there are no short cuts to gaining speed or confidence, it is simply practice and lots of it!

What I did a year ago was offer sets for 2 months for half price telling people it was to build my speed up, it worked a treat!
Make sure you'll isolating properly, working on eyes alternately and building a skeleton. Have you thought about a quick drying glue too? X

Deffo work on eyes alternatively rather then one eye and then the other. Imagine if your client got a phone call half way through the treatment and had to dash off. Would be much better if she had half done eyes then one done eye and one untouched haha.
It also enables you to ensure they are symmetrical. And allows the glue to dry a little better before isolating again on the same eye :)

I do do one eye alerrnate so thats good haha. Thank you for a
Your replies :) x

Start to give yourself a target for instance I'm going to work for 2 hours and see how u do then next time 1 hour 45 then 90 mins etc rather than right I'm going to do a full set and keep going. I've been lashing for 8 years and some clients I could still take 2 hours an want to keep going. Some people are blessed with loads of lashes. On average you want to get your time down to 90 minutes for a full set. Defo work alternate eyes, don't want a fire alarm and your client walking aboot with an eye like something from clockwork orange :) happy lashing :)

Thankyou for the great advice :) x

Whether you work on one eye first, or both at the same time, you need a glue that dries fast enough that you could lash one eye at a time. Nothing will cure the 'stickies' like a good 2 second glue. I am a trainer, and we always train our students with a 2 second glue. We believe more problems are created for students when using slow glue than if you get them using the fast stuff right away.

Whether you work on one eye first, or both at the same time, you need a glue that dries fast enough that you could lash one eye at a time. Nothing will cure the 'stickies' like a good 2 second glue. I am a trainer, and we always train our students with a 2 second glue. We believe more problems are created for students when using slow glue than if you get them using the fast stuff right away.

Thankyou x

I agree, I think you should be using a faster setting glue xxx.

I have recently trained and the glue in my kit was 15 second drying time and I kept messing up. I got a sample of 2 second glue which is much better for me. But everyones differant

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I have recently trained and the glue in my kit was 15 second drying time and I kept messing up. I got a sample of 2 second glue which is much better for me. But everyones differant

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Hiya

I'm trained in A H Francis. Can I just ask where you got your sample from? Xx

Hiya where did

Latest posts

Back