Advice on Koleston Perfect-Regrowth on Blonde Hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blondie82

Reaction score
I have a new client who is also getting married in a few weeks & she came to me to do her upstyle for her big day but she also wants me to do her colour for her wedding!Panic! I use Koleston Perfect & have matched her mid-lengths & ends to 9.0/10.0 on the shade chart, she wants her blonde colour broken up with low lights, so i am going to use 7/7 for one low light & 8/3 for the other & 20vol with bleach for the high-light, her re-growth is only about 1/2 inch & the most at the moment showing about a level 6 but I am not doing her colour until another 2 weeks time so im sure it'll have grown out some more by then but im starting to freak out about what to use on her roots for the base colour in between her foils, if i were to use a 9.0 or 10.0 with 20vol would this lift enough to match her mid-lengths & ends or would I need to add some 9.1 or 10.1 to counteract any brassy tones? or would i need to use a high lift tint? This is my 2nd bride in a short space of time & i really dont know if my nerves are up to it!!:lol: I would really appreciate some advice on this-thanks!

natural base shade? x

hey no 6% wont give u enough lift only one-two shades so u need to use 9% with a 9.1 or a hi/lift! xx

Hi scottydolly,
Her natural base shade looks between a level 5 to level 6 from memory!:)

Hiya Magentahair - so would 9.1 with 9% be enough to use on the roots then, no need to add a nip of 9.0 or anything? I remember maybe 3-4 years ago she used to come to a salon I worked in then &she used to get 10.1 (igora royal) on her roots only. She also mentioned she doesnt like any ash colours being used on her hair but i reckon she needs this to prevent any warm golden tones appearing on her root area.

hey, u only need the 9 if she has grey to cover, if she is a base 6 and u use 10.1 with 9% u will only get 3 levels of lift so may aswell just stick to the 9.1. 9 on its own would be too warm for her and once you have put through your low/hi-lites it should all blend lovely! x
Hiya Magentahair - so would 9.1 with 9% be enough to use on the roots then, no need to add a nip of 9.0 or anything? I remember maybe 3-4 years ago she used to come to a salon I worked in then &she used to get 10.1 (igora royal) on her roots only. She also mentioned she doesnt like any ash colours being used on her hair but i reckon she needs this to prevent any warm golden tones appearing on her root area.

Thanks so much for your reply, definatly gonna use the 9.1 with 9% now on the root area - one more question!lol! this is probably gonna sound really silly put do I just mix the 9.1 with 9% in equal parts or do I double up the 9%? Only startin to use Koleston again after a few years & i cant remember!!:)

equal parts hun! x
Thanks so much for your reply, definatly gonna use the 9.1 with 9% now on the root area - one more question!lol! this is probably gonna sound really silly put do I just mix the 9.1 with 9% in equal parts or do I double up the 9%? Only startin to use Koleston again after a few years & i cant remember!!:)

Thank you so much-you've been a great help!x

Im back again on this one!!lol, i just saw the girl today that is getting this colour done during the week & she mentioned to me that she has noticed a few grey hairs, her re-growth is just less than an inch & she said shes never normally waited this long to get the colour done & thats probably why shes never noticed it before, there is only a few odd strands where you can see grey at the re-growth, they arent noticable at all but im just wondering will the 9.1 with the 9% still be ok on this, im sure it is but just looking for reassurance!!:)

yes it will all blend in fine! x
Im back again on this one!!lol, i just saw the girl today that is getting this colour done during the week & she mentioned to me that she has noticed a few grey hairs, her re-growth is just less than an inch & she said shes never normally waited this long to get the colour done & thats probably why shes never noticed it before, there is only a few odd strands where you can see grey at the re-growth, they arent noticable at all but im just wondering will the 9.1 with the 9% still be ok on this, im sure it is but just looking for reassurance!!:)

Hiya - Just wanted 2 let you know that I did the colour 2nite on the bride to be & it turned out great! What a relief!:lol: Thanks so much again for your advice!x

no worries babe, im glad it went well for u, was your lady pleased? x
Hiya - Just wanted 2 let you know that I did the colour 2nite on the bride to be & it turned out great! What a relief!:lol: Thanks so much again for your advice!x

Yeah she seemed really pleased - i was really stressing out about it because she is very fussy about her blonde hair & plus the fact shes getting married next week was making me even more stressed!! So relieved to have the colour over me - now I can get stressed all over again next weekend when Im doing the upstyles the morning of the wedding!!:lol:

Latest posts

Back