Advice on new salon.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newintown

Reaction score
OMG I have gone and done it. I have the keys to my new salon !!!!

I am planning on opening in August, but I'm wanting some advice.
The girl that had it before did waxing, eyebrows and some other beauty treatments. Where as I do massage l&p nails and spray tan. What I'm thinking is should I stick with the things I can do and add the other thing slowly once I have done the training or rent a table/bed to someone that can do these other treatments ? or another suggestion was to take on a 3rd year student on placement. Does anyone have any experience of this situation ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Clare

If you do rent out space or take on a student you need to be 100% sure that they are very good at what they do and know how to do the treatments fully,
it is your reputation that will be on the line, your name and your salons name, just something for you to think about (as if you dont have enough to think about eh)
good luck with your salon :hug:

OMG I have gone and done it. I have the keys to my new salon !!!!

I am planning on opening in August, but I'm wanting some advice.
The girl that had it before did waxing, eyebrows and some other beauty treatments. Where as I do massage l&p nails and spray tan. What I'm thinking is should I stick with the things I can do and add the other thing slowly once I have done the training or rent a table/bed to someone that can do these other treatments ? or another suggestion was to take on a 3rd year student on placement. Does anyone have any experience of this situation ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Clare

This is great. You will be able to pick up some tips from the wax queen on Sunday when your a client :)

I took on a third year placement student i felt like saying forget everything you been taught its wrong, some weren't even holding the skin of the eyebrow when they were waxing eyebrows and then proceeded to tell me that was the way it were done.

I got in touch with kimmy to find out if this was correct protocol (as I had always held skin to put wax on and take wax off) to me the local colleges its bums on seats doesnt matter if they know what they are doing or not. I actually had two placements on different days and both of them waxed the same. They couldnt paint a nail for toffee the list was endless.

but on the other hand I have kept a level 2 girl I dont let her loose on clients as she hasnt got insurance but i allow her to train on me and she is absolutely fantastic as a therapist, her waxing technique is almost painfree only problem is when she is nervous she waffles on and dosent know when to shut up. but we are overcoming that.

good luck in your new salon babe :hug:

This is great. You will be able to pick up some tips from the wax queen on Sunday when your a client :)

I did pick up some tips, and i enjoyed it so much that i am booking on a waxing course so i can do the intimate course.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How does it really really feel tell us the full story :hug:

WOW!! WELL DONE!!!
If this was me i would rent out a table to a therapist that is highly trained to do everything.This way you are a salon that caters for everyones needs,therfor will gain more buisness.In the mean time i would go on short courses and get qualified in everything possible.
I wouldnt recoment taking on a level 3 on placement as we all know we make mistakes when training and these mistakes could end up costing you your buisness!!

Latest posts

Back