advice on opening day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

just out

Reaction score
hiya can anyone give me any advice on my opening day shall i offer eg: 20% off treatments on the day to gt the clients in i did read someone elses question similar to the one im asking bt wasnt sure if they had salon already established im looking for some ideas to build a client base from day 1 of opening thanx
joanne xx:lol:

Hi Joanne

Opening day offers. NEVER EVER give discounts especially percentage discounts. Why? Because they don't build your business they kill your business. :rolleyes: If you start by giving 10% off clients are unlikely to come back and pay full price.

Look at putting packages together. Say: Summer Time Facial, with a free mini mani valued at £8, a revitalising hand massage valued at £15 FREE. See where I'm going here?

Also, if you're having an open evening make sure you grab everyones contact details. Name, address, phone, mobile, email. So that you can market to them again. :lol:

Thanx martin i think every1 is advising that so i shall not do that then:lol: i will go with the offers like u stated.Thanx again
joanne x

Hmm, well I am going to disagree I'm afraid!:green:

I had my opening evening about 6 weeks ago now. I offered 20% off all treatments booked on the night. Everyone made at least one booking and without exception they have all been back at least twice (paying full price) since. I have even had new referrals from them too. So for me it was a great thing to offer, it has worked brilliantly, and I now have a whole new set of regular clients.

The other thing I did was to have a free prize draw. 1st prize was a luxury facial, second a £10 voucher, 3rd a £5 voucher. In order to enter the draw they filled out a small form with name, address, email and phone number, also they ticked a box to say they would like to receive info on promotional offers and/or new treatments, and they filled out a section to say what treatments they were interested in.

Again it was 100% successful.

Don't be afraid to make offers, if you manage them right then they can work really well for you.

Latest posts

Back