Advice on starting up!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorna_

Reaction score
Hey guys!

So I'm looking to start up my own hair salon and I'm looking for some advice on where/how to start. Also a guide on a start up price and any tips!

Would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

I'd suggest beginning with your budget, what area you want to be based in and research the area, look for possible locations (rent/rates/estimate utilities etc), fit out costs - how you want to decorate/furniture/equipment (up to your budget here), what products you want, will you be working alone or employing/renting space? Work out your service costs and treatment menu, - put a business plan together - you can visit a bank to help with this and opening a business account.

Most important, as beautyxperts stated, is a budget. Think about how much you are willing to invest in a location, if you'll need to take loans, where do you plan to open up, do you plan to go solo or hire hairdressers. You need to take all of these into consideration, and then some, but in the end it is worth it. I opened my barbershop with a friend of mine (co-owner) at my garage when we first started, we had a great line of loyal customers, and then we started to rent. Baby steps and patience!

Thanks guys that's great!

Latest posts

Back