Advice on this ombre please (pics attached)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iconic

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I'm looking for a little help with this ombre colour I have in on Thursday please.
She currently has build up of many years of bleach highlights (this is her hair)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422372777.424291.jpg

And we are aiming to achieve an ash blonde ombré effect, with her root colour being similar to this..
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422372820.976282.jpg

I currently use matrix colours but have knowledge of loreal also.
I was thinking of applying a temporary mousse of pearl blonde and then coating over that with 7P, applying it as a root colour and then combing through..

I'm looking for some reassurance with regards to the colour choice though.. Do you think applying a 7P would be ok? .. Or does anyone else have any suggestions of what would work better please?

Thanks in advance :) x

Hi geeks,

I'm looking for a little help with this ombre colour I have in on Thursday please.
She currently has build up of many years of bleach highlights (this is her hair)
View attachment 81602

And we are aiming to achieve an ash blonde ombré effect, with her root colour being similar to this..
View attachment 81603

I currently use matrix colours but have knowledge of loreal also.
I was thinking of applying a temporary mousse of pearl blonde and then coating over that with 7P, applying it as a root colour and then combing through..

I'm looking for some reassurance with regards to the colour choice though.. Do you think applying a 7P would be ok? .. Or does anyone else have any suggestions of what would work better please?

Thanks in advance :) x

I've never used 7p before. always been to scared incase it goes blue or something 😱 lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I've never used 7p before. always been to scared incase it goes blue or something 😱 lol

I know.. This is a concern I have!! .. I know the pearls are supposed to be gorgeous, but I'm yet to try them?! So was looking on some advice with them? Or an alternative?

I know.. This is a concern I have!! .. I know the pearls are supposed to be gorgeous, but I'm yet to try them?! So was looking on some advice with them? Or an alternative?

I dunno can you test the 7p on some blonde? Are you planning to pre pig with pearl aswell?

I dunno can you test the 7p on some blonde? Are you planning to pre pig with pearl aswell?

I'm not going to see her before Thursday so won't be able to do a test piece..
I was going to prep if with the pearl mousse first, yes.. x

Bump?
Anyone have any advice please?

I don't use matrix. But you can't pre pig with a pearl, that is not the natural underlying tone of a 7.

Also bear in mind the complete difference in lengths of the pictures, make sure the colour will suit the style x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't use matrix. But you can't pre pig with a pearl, that is not the natural underlying tone of a 7.

Also bear in mind the complete difference in lengths of the pictures, make sure the colour will suit the style x

Would you suggest pre pigging with a gold then?? I don't want it to be too warm, this is my only concern.
What would you do to achieve this colour??

Funny you should mention the length of her hair compared to the pic.. I've explained that to her and said about it looking more like root regrowth or half and half but she said she'd be happy with that... Hmmm xx

Would you suggest pre pigging with a gold then?? I don't want it to be too warm, this is my only concern.
What would you do to achieve this colour??

Funny you should mention the length of her hair compared to the pic.. I've explained that to her and said about it looking more like root regrowth or half and half but she said she'd be happy with that... Hmmm xx

One of the reasons you pre pig is so that the colour doesn't go too cool, as in kharki, because this is normally the most undesirable result.

If you pre pigged with a blue, it's going to be exceptionally cool. I don't think I'd 've brave enough to do it, but go for it x

Yeah not sure itd be classed as prepigging if you did it with blue. You need to add some warmth or as jamie says you'll end with a lovely shade of green. Not good

I totally understand not wanting the khaki undesirable outcome! .. I thought about pre pigging with a light gold blonde mousse, and then applying an 8P target shade?? .. So not a whole lot darker, just a subtle change? ..
I'm wanting a cool result which Is why I feel reluctant to go too warm or too dark..

Jamie, can I just ask what it is you wouldn't feel brave even attempting??

I'm getting nervous as no one has really offered too much input - eek!! xx

So this pre pig mousse..
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422447120.888860.jpg

With this as my target shade..
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422447176.428886.jpg

I suppose you could always go darker if needed. The 8 probably wont look much different to her natural looking at the pic.. could be wrong

I totally understand not wanting the khaki undesirable outcome! .. I thought about pre pigging with a light gold blonde mousse, and then applying an 8P target shade?? .. So not a whole lot darker, just a subtle change? ..
I'm wanting a cool result which Is why I feel reluctant to go too warm or too dark..

Jamie, can I just ask what it is you wouldn't feel brave even attempting??

I'm getting nervous as no one has really offered too much input - eek!! xx

I wouldn't pre pig with blue. You'd probably be better off not pre pigging at all. It would be a super cool blue, but not as natural as the picture. Only other worry is if there is gold in the hair (which there is) this will mix with the blue and turn green x

I suppose you could always go darker if needed. The 8 probably wont look much different to her natural looking at the pic.. could be wrong

Shes not wanting it to look hugely different to her natural colour.. x

I wouldn't pre pig with blue. You'd probably be better off not pre pigging at all. It would be a super cool blue, but not as natural as the picture. Only other worry is if there is gold in the hair (which there is) this will mix with the blue and turn green x

Can I ask you how you would go about it please? What would you suggest to get the desired outcome??

Or.. Should I say to her that we won't be able to get it that ashy without it going slightly khaki, and opt for doing something like a wella ct 8/0 with 6/37.. It'll be warmer for sure, but that's got to be better than green!!?? X

Can I ask you how you would go about it please? What would you suggest to get the desired outcome??

Or.. Should I say to her that we won't be able to get it that ashy without it going slightly khaki, and opt for doing something like a wella ct 8/0 with 6/37.. It'll be warmer for sure, but that's got to be better than green!!?? X

I would pre pig with gold then go in with your chosen ashen shade. It will be ash but not green. You need to remember the lightening curve when going darker as well x

If there is no gold/copper tones underneath a base 7 it will look kharki x

I would pre pig with gold then go in with your chosen ashen shade. It will be ash but not green. You need to remember the lightening curve when going darker as well x

If there is no gold/copper tones underneath a base 7 it will look kharki x

Thank you, so il go with the gold temporary mousse I have with the ash shade over the top.. :) x

Thank you, so il go with the gold temporary mousse I have with the ash shade over the top.. :) x

That would give best colour result, only issue is the mousse can be very messy. I hate doing root stretches for this reason lol. This is what I'm scared of. No one has showed me how to do it, I just make it up as I go along with ombre and hope for the best lol.

Never had an unhappy client so far though x

That would give best colour result, only issue is the mousse can be very messy. I hate doing root stretches for this reason lol. This is what I'm scared of. No one has showed me how to do it, I just make it up as I go along with ombre and hope for the best lol.

Never had an unhappy client so far though x

I must admit - I'm quite like you then to be honest.. I've never been taught how to ombre but just picked it up through watching others and on here..

Also, I've never used a mousse when just wanting to alter the roots, which I think is what is scaring me slightly, but hey ho, il go with the flow and hope for the best! xx

Latest posts

Back