Advice Please...waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarPlumFairy

Reaction score
I got back from my first Brazilian Wax a couple of hours ago and would just like to check a couple of things if poss.

Firstly, there's still quite alot of smaller hairs left, she did pluck some once she'd finished the wax but after 15 mins or so she sort of just... gave up and said the ones left are just sitting on the surface but upon getting home and getting a chance to check myself I can say they're definately still attached. I understand the hair grows at different paces but there do seem to be quite alot of 'strays' considering I'd let it grow for 3-4 weeks beforehand, is this normal? And would I be ok to pluck the remaining few out myself?

Secondly, when she did underneath (round my bum) I stayed in the same position but just lifted my legs right up to my chest, this has left half of the hairs still there, is this normal practise?

And last but not least, the only aftercare advice she gave me was to leave well alone for 24 hours, I did ask what to do after that but she didn't seem to quite grasp what I was asking her, what would you recommend? Also, how long would be wise to leave before re-booking, albeit maybe with a different therapist?

Sorry it was so long guys but thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

I got back from my first Brazilian Wax a couple of hours ago and would just like to check a couple of things if poss.

Firstly, there's still quite alot of smaller hairs left, she did pluck some once she'd finished the wax but after 15 mins or so she sort of just... gave up and said the ones left are just sitting on the surface but upon getting home and getting a chance to check myself I can say they're definately still attached. I understand the hair grows at different paces but there do seem to be quite alot of 'strays' considering I'd let it grow for 3-4 weeks beforehand, is this normal? And would I be ok to pluck the remaining few out myself?

Did the lady waxing trim the hair first? - sometimes I find that if the hair is too long it doesn't always come away first time. It isn't a good idea to continually wax over the same place time and time again.

So the person performing the waxing would stop going over with more wax, then at some point and pluck any the remaining ones out - REMEMBER though, that the therapist was dealing with some very sensitive areas, so it might be that she decided to leave some of the hairs in situ!

If you aren't sore and are upto plucking them out then there isn't any reason for you not to HOWEVER, I would recommend that you go to a different therapist and let them remove them - after all she will have all the correct products and tools for the job :wink2:

Secondly, when she did underneath (round my bum) I stayed in the same position but just lifted my legs right up to my chest, this has left half of the hairs still there, is this normal practise?

Perhaps the therapist was relatively new to the service??? When waxing any area, I always get the client to move to a position where I can access those difficult bits - but when I had just qualified, I did it 100% to the book so to speak, thinking that I could only do it that way - now I know different and get clients to be contortionists :lol: BUT always remembering safety etc!

And last but not least, the only aftercare advice she gave me was to leave well alone for 24 hours, I did ask what to do after that but she didn't seem to quite grasp what I was asking her, what would you recommend? Also, how long would be wise to leave before re-booking, albeit maybe with a different therapist?

Avoid tight clothes for at 24 hrs - baggy knickers and trousers for the time being I'm afraid!

Exfoliate every! few days - this will help reduce ingrown hairs and remove dead skin cells

It is wise not to have a hot bath, hot shower or sexual activity for 10 hours after a Brazilian. While your pores are open, they are vulnerable to irritation by the extreme temperatures and infection by bacteria.

It isn't a good idea to have a sunbed - recently waxed areas are prone to hyper-pigmentation (permanent darkening of the skin) if exposed to the sun or solarium

Do not go swimming or have a sauna for probably 48hrs - again if you do you will be open to bacteria and infection!

Remember to moisturise with a tee tree or lavender lotion after every shower, it is both soothing and has a healing and antibacterial effect.

If you have any ingrown hairs use an ingrown hair solution, this should be used until the ingrown hairs and the redness is minimised, then return to the lotion for maintaining your bikini area.

Sorry it was so long guys but thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

I'm sure that I have missed some stuff out (rushing sorry) but I'm sure you will get some fab advice from other geeks :hug:

BTW welcome to the site :hug:

Last edited:
MALE WAXING
have a look at this site for the aftercare ... although snugglepuss has covered everything !!!!

...it's Kimmie's site !!!! why's it say "Male Wax"????????????????? lol

Last edited:
I would like to know why dose a client feel a burning sensation during and after getting a full set

a full set of what? waxing? nails?

If the hairs are too short for the wax to grab them, you can't expect her to pluck every hair out...........after all, your appointment was for waxing. Now I'm a perfectionist and check and check again to make sure I've got every hair, however, I came to realise many years ago that these hairs should be left for the next waxing session as you'll get better results in the long run. I'm not talking about stray hairs that have been missed, I'm talking about hairs that are too short for the wax. Also, I would suggest that you don't shave or tweeze these hairs in between appointments as you'll just mess up the whole cycle and you'll never get that at the right stage so that they take longer to grow back between appointment. xxx

Did you make it clear what you wanted off maybe she didnt realise you wanted the inner buttock/anal area.I think many therapists do not just automatically do this.Was she clear with you about what her brazillian entailed.

Hi,

I am a newley qualified therapist, onley been qualified a year. Waxing is now becomming a regular appointment, I am mobile and never worked in a salon. My question is do you just stick to what your own interpretation of a treatment is ! IE give the client a Standard, Brazilian or Hollywood as taught or do you give the client what they want ?

but when I had just qualified, I did it 100% to the book

I find that this is what I am doing, I had a client who asked me to just take the front off ? I did this but became unsure as to where to stop. I think not being confident in yourself can show which does not give your client confidence.

quote]

Sorry, I forgot to say that this is the reason that I have my client get on fours. Ask my trainees..........I make sure that EVERY hair is removed, afterall, that's what they want.

I believe there are people that are 'Serious Waxers' (like myself) and there are 'Serious Waxees', clients who know what a good wax is and are prepared to travel for it, and pay for it. It's becoming more and more common for clients to shop around and drive miles to get a REAL Brazilian/Hollywood. The demand is out there so waxers need to up their game if they don't want to be left behind. xxx

Sorry, I forgot to say that this is the reason that I have my client get on fours. Ask my trainees..........I make sure that EVERY hair is removed, afterall, that's what they want.

I believe there are people that are 'Serious Waxers' (like myself) and there are 'Serious Waxees', clients who know what a good wax is and are prepared to travel for it, and pay for it. It's becoming more and more common for clients to shop around and drive miles to get a REAL Brazilian/Hollywood. The demand is out there so waxers need to up their game if they don't want to be left behind. xxx

Fab advice from Kimmi as always - Kimmi you rock :wink2:

Kimmi does certainly rock!!! I had my training with Kim a couple of weeks ago and she is a star. I've got my first "victim" to do today and just hope I remember it all!!!!

Latest posts

Back