Advice please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vera

Reaction score
Hello everybody!
This is the first time I'm posting, although I've been a "lurking geek" for a while now! I can honestly say that I've learned so much from you guys, so thank you all!
I hope you can help me one this one, too.
I've been off work for 5 years due to health problems (anxiety and panic attacks). During that time, although it was difficult sometimes, I qualified as a beauty therapist to NVQ3, including unit 19 and recently did Creative conversion course (again, thanks to all the advice I found on this site!!!). I am doing much better now and have been thinking of sending off my CV to a few prospective employers. But, I am worried that a hiatus of 5 years out of work will put them off giving me a chance, especially when almost 90% of all the adds I've seen are asking for relevant experience.
It would be nice to hear if anyone had similar dilema and how you dealt with it.
Thanks.:confused:

Hi Vera ... Welcome :)
I do understand how you feel ... for the last 5 years I have also been to my own hell and back through anxiety, with my mum's illness, divorce and 1 dear child deciding to be a swine of a child. .. My confidence and self worth was knocked for six. When my mum passed away I just thought to myself "its now or never" (can hear you singing it lol) and with the help of those closest to me and a great person giving me the opportunity to work from her salon I did it :) well learning anyway ... I love it! :) At last I look forward to every day ... I have been attending a business course, training classes, reading and spending hours on here lol and feel alive.
Just wanted you to know you are not alone ... dont have all the answers but feel free to pm me anytime for a natter :)
Jo xx

Thanks *Jo*

I am sorry to hear that you too suffered from anxiety. It is really difficult to explain what a terrifying condition that is to someone who never experienced it.
I am glad you too are doing better and that thing are looking up! I guess I'll just have to try my luck out there and see how it goes.
Good luck with your job and thanks for your reply.

Hi Vera
I've not been through what you have been through but my advice to you is not to lose heart. Send off your application forms, keep plugging away and in the mean time keep practicing your techniques on family and friends. Nails are not just my livelihood but my passion aswell. I wish you all the best for your future.....it will come good!

Latest posts

Back