Advice re: Gel NNO

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peppy

Reaction score
Hi, ive done two sets of hard gel NNO on my own nails (tried different products) but each time the corners of all my nails have cracked on each side of the nail, going up from side wall to the middle of the free edge where the nail has bent.

Im assuming its because the product is too thin but as its a NNO and there is not much free edge, how thick should the gel be? On an enhancement there is scope to taper the free edge, but on a NNO on quite short nails you cant really do this, hence my cracking?

Any advice welcome, thanks x

I use bio sculpture and there is a range of gel's to suit different nail types. It is a soak off gel so classed as a soft gel but there are strong and flexible top finishes available. I know this doesn't answer your question, but maybe a product to try. Xx

Even though you are doing a NNO, you still need to build your apex. If it's too thin, then you will have cracking. Make sure you cap your free edge to prevent lifting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back