Advice re training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauren.

Reaction score
hi all, I am new on this site so apologies in advance if I waffle on a bit!!

I completed the cnd foundation in l+p in 2002 but due to circumstances at the time I ended up staying in my full time job. I did my family, friends and work collagues nails but never really took it any further, which I am now absolutely gutted about - I just think about how far I could have got in those years in the nail industry!!

I am now in a position where I am able to leave my job and would love to start again. I have been told by one of the girls at cnd that i would probably be best doing a l+p conversion course to refresh, I am also booking myself on their manicure and pedicure courses and then just practice, practice, practice.

I feel that I have lost my confidence and am not sure that a one day course would be enough but do not want to have to do the foundation again. I enjoyed every minute of my training with cnd and loved their products but am wondering whether I should also enrol on an nvq course at my local college, i don't really want to have to do this but I feel I have loads to learn and need the best way to do this. I have bought 'the complete nail tech' to try and refresh some of what I learnt!!

Any advice would be much appreciated as Im itching to get started.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I would do the conversion course and then if you still feel you need additional help in certain areas book a 1:1, then you can work on your weak points and ask the questions you want to ask just yu and your educator.......

hth's

Hiya ... Have you done any nails recently...just to see if you really have forgotten as much as you think you might...? I think if it was me i would rope in a mate for a bit of a practise and see how i felt...then if you still feel the same take it from there...HTH

Thanks for your replies, am definately gonna start practising and will enrol on conversion course as i think i need it, also will be supplied with a more up to date kit so i can get started. Do you think studying for an nvq is necessary?

Thanks again.x

To be honest I think doing an NVQ would almost be a backward step. NVQ is a minimum qualification to do nails .. in other words it is considered the minimum requirement and I'm sure you went beyond that on your CND Foundation.

Have your conversion class .. see where you stand ... get a copy of 'nailclass' to hone up your techniques. It's a bit like riding a bicycle .. you don't forget as much as you think. Your CND educator will soon help you get your confidence back.

Thank you sooooooo much for that reply, I was hoping for that answer!! didn't fancy doing nvq and wanted to continue training with cnd. Brilliant, am so happy now.:):):):)

I know exactly what you mean, I did my Foundation in 2004, and in the same situation as you... So I'm so glad that you posted this thread!! I'm happy too now!

To be honest I think doing an NVQ would almost be a backward step. NVQ is a minimum qualification to do nails .. in other words it is considered the minimum requirement and I'm sure you went beyond that on your CND Foundation.

Have your conversion class .. see where you stand ... get a copy of 'nailclass' to hone up your techniques. It's a bit like riding a bicycle .. you don't forget as much as you think. Your CND educator will soon help you get your confidence back.

It is just like riding a bike, you don't forget. I stoped doing nails in 1992 and just started back 2007 some things are the same but alot more things have change. Classes are the best way to restore your confidence and learn how to use the produces your using. I've also found the internet very helpful, there are a lot of how to videos and step by step instruction from some of the better Nail Companys on the internet, and You Tube has some too, but be wise with some of the things you learn on You Tube some are just self tought, and may instruct you in the wrong way. And of course theres this great site SALON GEEK which I've learned so much from Thanks everyone! :hug:

Latest posts

Back