Affinage 9.117 advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolled up

Reaction score
Hi geeks :) I'm wanting to colour my hair this colour but past attempts have been disastrous ): has anyone got any before & after photos and advice please?

Luckily I just did test pieces rather than full head but it just goes greeny turquoise rather than silver. I lightened my hair to a level 10 and toned it to remove any yellow as I know it needs to be used on white hair but didn't go to plan. Any help would be great thanks xx

You need to leave it on for the full 45 mins else it throws up the green tones.
This was mine when i had it, i wasnt even that precious about putting it on really white hair and it was fine.

Attachments

• 400100_10150590569710845_1494871101_n.jpg
    400100_10150590569710845_1494871101_n.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 626
Take note of the numbers. 1 is green 7 is blue. I noticed it still threw a lot of green tones on mine with full development, but it was mainly when light hit it just right xoxo

Also the affinage educator i saw yesterday said he wouldnt touch the gothic collection with a bargepole over bleached hair haha, only to make flat colours for men or for grey lowlights, cos its true they are pretty temperamental... though i have used it recently on a client with full head bleach and its more steely grey on the roots where its been lightened enough, colours not quite so cool on the ends as its a 3rd stage colour correction so there is some orange tones. I find that using a purple shampoo fairly often can help to maintain the violet tone and keep the green at bay.

You need to leave it on for the full 45 mins else it throws up the green tones.
This was mine when i had it, i wasnt even that precious about putting it on really white hair and it was fine.

This is how I want it but it's just not happening )': I left it on for full development and it came out the colour that was in the bowl. I did a test piece of 10.2 on my 613 extensions and it came out a lovely grey/silver but when I put it on my own hair it doesn't do the same ): arrgghh just want a grey that will work! Xx

Just remembered- when I went on the affinage introductory course I was told that if you use 10.21 on hair with no orange tones it will go grey, has anyone used this? Xx

Hi geeks :) I'm wanting to colour my hair this colour but past attempts have been disastrous ): has anyone got any before & after photos and advice please?

Luckily I just did test pieces rather than full head but it just goes greeny turquoise rather than silver. I lightened my hair to a level 10 and toned it to remove any yellow as I know it needs to be used on white hair but didn't go to plan. Any help would be great thanks xx

Don't forget that as you toned it before you tinted it the toner will also be part of your final equation..... What did you tone with? ;-)

Don't forget that as you toned it before you tinted it the toner will also be part of your final equation..... What did you tone with? ;-)

It was a while ago now but I think it might have been 10.2? X

Sorry to be annoying but has anyone used 10.21 to make grey? Hopefully doing a test piece this weekend xx

10/0 and a dash of 22/0 gets a steel grey

I imagine that after 3 years, the OP has moved on from granny grey. :D

I imagine that after 3 years, the OP has moved on from granny grey. :D

Haha :D Just throwing it out there for anyone having a little browse!!

Latest posts

Back