Affinage colour correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinky lou

Reaction score
I'm new to affinage colours so need a bit of help please.
I'm going to see a client tomorrow who has stripped her hair herself. She said it's now yellow and orange I've not seen it yet so can't give exact details.

I'm thinking to do bleach foils and flood with 6.036. Am I right thinking you don't need to pre pig with this?

You dont want to use 6.036 it has gold and red undertones so will come out very warm over the orange. Use an ashy 7 and you shouldnt need to prepig.

If she's used an OTC colour remover, I recommend you do some strand tests first to see what happens when you apply an oxidative colour over it.

Thank you both. I've seen her now and it was a waste of time.

Her hair was copper the only "yellow" was on the ends. She still wanted blonde which I refused to do. I took test cuttings and explained I'd use a Demi in brown and she'd meet a reconstructive treatment, then we'll see about adding highlights in a few weeks. Plus she'd need a couple of inces off.

She eventually agreed I done skin test and took test cuttings and off I went.

She's just text saying she's going to leave it because she wants blonde not brown. So she'll find someone to do the blonde for her.

LOL makes me chuckle they think ur wrong and someone else will do but if she foregone someone she can kiss goodbye to her hair, I always went blonde by just doing foils over time and building up the blonde over a few months

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Foregone??? Lol that was meant to say finds lol

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I've done bleach foils over removers tonnes of times. Strand test with bleach and 20vol just to make sure in future. The bleach is usually not the problem it's usually the tint that goes darker.

It's not the product it's the application, if they haven't washed it properly and used the post remover it will cause unexpected colour results.

Believe me bleach on this would be dire.

Turns out it was 2 colour removers and 3 lightest ash blonde colours she could find. All in 2 days.

It wasn't pretty

Latest posts

Back