Affinage Eraser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spriggit82

Reaction score
Ive heard of this product that they use in salons - is it any good. Is it as harsh as a bleach bath on your hair? Wanted to know if anyone had had any experiences of this product.

Thanks luvvies
:)

Have a word with angelina221 on here, www.angelinas.biz - as I know she uses this in her salon...

Thanks Ruth I will do. Just want to know if it is very strong chemical wise. Had a reaction to a tint recently and just want to get the colour out so I can go back to my natural colour and leave it at that.

Thanks Ruth I will do. Just want to know if it is very strong chemical wise. Had a reaction to a tint recently and just want to get the colour out so I can go back to my natural colour and leave it at that.

This is what it says about Affinage Eraser on Angelina's site anyway...

"We use Affinage Eraser. Affinage Eraser is a unique approach to removing unwanted or incorrect permanent hair colour. Eraser has a thorough but gentle action which preserves the hairs natural condition leaving it perfectly ready to receive a new colouration.
Fast action, removes artificial colour only, kind to natural hair, improves condition and gives it great shine.
We also use L'Oreal Effasor which is not as gentle as Erasor but can effectively lighten your own hair."

So it sounds as though it is fairly gentle compared with L'Oreal Effasor...

This is what it says about Affinage Eraser on Angelina's site anyway...

"We use Affinage Eraser. Affinage Eraser is a unique approach to removing unwanted or incorrect permanent hair colour. Eraser has a thorough but gentle action which preserves the hairs natural condition leaving it perfectly ready to receive a new colouration.
Fast action, removes artificial colour only, kind to natural hair, improves condition and gives it great shine.
We also use L'Oreal Effasor which is not as gentle as Erasor but can effectively lighten your own hair."

So it sounds as though it is fairly gentle compared with L'Oreal Effasor...
Sounds good to me. Was a bit worried my hair might fry! definately going to enquire and see whether any of my local salons use this. Fingers crossed x

The only thing i would say is that although i havent used this product, all colour removers/strippers/bleach require recolouring afterwards. what it does is removes colour but it will not leave your colour at the natural shade...so depending on what your colour is now/what your natural is, a colour remover might not be the best for you. but as was said by ruth, best to talk to angelina. :) xx

A friend of mine had it done to lighten the colour she had put on her hair, but as said previously you do need to re colour your hair it wont return it to its natural shade. She said it amazed her as her hair felt fine after having it done. I personally havent used it myself but seeing it done on a friend I would use it myself if ever the need arised.

A friend of mine had it done to lighten the colour she had put on her hair, but as said previously you do need to re colour your hair it wont return it to its natural shade. She said it amazed her as her hair felt fine after having it done. I personally havent used it myself but seeing it done on a friend I would use it myself if ever the need arised.
Thanks ladies, going to ring up the salon this weekend and see if they can do it. I know its not going to go to my natural colour, have some highlights underneath. My natural hair is a light mousey brown / dark blonde. Would put a tint as near to my natural colour as poss. Would ask for them to do it in foils so it doesnt touch te scalp.

Yes i use it at my salon. I've had both eraser and effasor on my hair.
Effasor strips the colour from your natural hair too so is more aggressive. To be honest, my hair was like straw after :eek:
Eraser strips permanent colour from the hair and is a lot gentler. You can't use it on semis or henna. You do use peroxide but only in the post eraser treatment and only 10g.
It only needs to be on for 15 mins. Sometimes more than one application is needed. My hair was fab after-silky and shiny.
My hairdresser has dark hair and we put it on her hair and after one application it hadn't removed the colour. We put another application on and it stripped the lot. We didn't need to put a colour on after. It was an even colour all over. You do need to keep a close eye on it though and keep checking it to see when the desired colour is reached. You can put a colour on straight after if you want.
It's much quicker and gentler than other strippers as it has a low ph level, so it conditions your hair leaving it in better condition.

hello just a quick question why can it not be used on semis, is this when these has been a semi on the hair at all even if there is perminant over the top xx

hello just a quick question why can it not be used on semis, is this when these has been a semi on the hair at all even if there is perminant over the top xx

It will only break down the permanent colour. Eraser contains reducing agents which has the opposite effect of oxidation :)

Latest posts

Back