Ageing....biotechnological or all natural?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chameleon

Reaction score
This is a burning question i would like to propose....after having a conversation with a colleage at work i am dubious wether you need synthetic ingredients alongside natural ingredients to delay the signs of ageing....

I have aslways looked at treating clients with ageing issues holistically,and using active bases and phyto therapy and aromatherapy,rather than purely ingredients that use synthetic enhanced ingredients,i am NOT talkng about parebens and preservatives,but more the bio chemistry of ingredients that may "mimic" and that have been added synthethtically....now i am not against that at all,but can one use pure natural ingredients and get dramatic results from that alone....i think yes it is possible.....what do others think of this issue??:idea:

Hi I think that today you can buy products that give us the best of both worlds! (Although I am not sure about your clarification of synthetic - as most good skin care brands use natural ingredients modified by biotechnology.)

Not all ingredients in their natural form are good and biochemistry can extract only the good points and leave out the bad - such as potential allergens etc. Take AHA's for example - derived from nature but enhanced for superior proven skin rejuvenation and toleration.

It is also hard to find a range of organic skincare suitable for a salon that has little or no contamination and that is 100% organic. Some skincare ranges can only be a percentage organic.

I have to admit originally I did want to be all "natural" but I have come around to more of a middle ground viewpoint and that we must take the best from nature and science. :)

Latest posts

Back