AH Francis Lashes Masterclass

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TweezerHappy

Reaction score
Has anyone done this training? It’s a full day workshop covering Express Lashes, Bottom Lashes, Mink, Clusters and colour.

It’s the bottom lash technique that I’m really interested in. I’ve had a few clients ask for this recently.

As I am not AH Francis trained I would have to do a conversion course first then the Lashes Masterclass. It’s not the cost of these two courses that’s stopping me book but the time. 2 days; but at least it is 2 full days so not taking the day out for just a few hours training.

I’d love to hear feedback from anyone that has done this course.

Hi Lee-Ann,

I can't advise you on this course but I know mags from CTA was going down to London to learn the technique for bottom lashes quite a few months ago so they may be offering that in Glasgow now.

Elaine x

I know they are doing the course in Glasgow sometime in January. Do you have to do the conversion course? I think if you've being doing lashes, this would be very basic and def a waste of a day for you. Can you not see if you could do the masterclass without the first day, then you would be doing just what you need to know in the one day?

Hi Lee-Ann,

I can't advise you on this course but I know mags from CTA was going down to London to learn the technique for bottom lashes quite a few months ago so they may be offering that in Glasgow now.

Elaine x

AH Francis teach their own bottom lash technique closed eye which sounds quite good.

I know they are doing the course in Glasgow sometime in January. Do you have to do the conversion course? I think if you've being doing lashes, this would be very basic and def a waste of a day for you. Can you not see if you could do the masterclass without the first day, then you would be doing just what you need to know in the one day?

Apparently when they used to teach a similar course it was open to all as long as you were qualified in SP eyelashes. They said some student standard was quite low and they were going over the basics before anything else. So now you have to do a conversion before the masterclass.

I can understand that as someone could have qualified a couple of months ago, got their certificate but maybe not quite ready to take on new techniques.

The way I'm looking at the conversion is yes, they might be going over basics that I already know, but when it comes to the practical I'll just get on with it and hopefully the trainer might have some tips I could pick up. There will always be something to learn.

I think already convinced myself. Lol.

Hi

I also done the A H Francis 3D-Lash course here in N.Ireland through the Professional training in beauty. We had 4 on the course an Carmel Mooney who took the class was very helpful an had loads of patience. I find these lashes far superior to any other individual lashes as do my clients. They are expensive but you only get what you pay for and the more you do the better you get. I found the hardest bit was isolating each lash with tweezers in left hand at start but now it is just normal procedure an only took about 10 sets to build speed an find ways of applying them correctly sure whole lash was bonded an how much bond to use. This for me at start was a problem as had a build up of bond but practice an mistakes learn you what is right an wrong an i think half the battle is knowing your mistakes an what you need to do to fix it.
all in all i would highly recommend their course especially if you want to offer your clients a 5* services. I have never had any complaints or anyone who never liked them. I also emailed my 5 case studies an like most beauty courses there is always case studies to do an i fund 5 was ample to be able to offer a 5* service an give clients the woah factor.

Donna
MACk Beauty

Hey,

I've done the AH Francis 3D training and the masterclass training. I love the product and continue to use it but was a bit disappointed with the masterclass training. I felt like it was more of a sales course than a training course. I guess once you've done the original training and you know how to stick a lash one it doesnt leave you a lot to learn with the mink and colour.

Express is done slightly differently (i hate doing it because its the opposite of doing individuals heh, i want to separate!) so I guess that was useful. The bottom lashes of course are a different technique but they recommend you dont do them with the 3D lashes as they tend to catch a lot, which if awkward for clients. I havent done 1 set tbh.

Obviously it was a good course, you know well taught etc but for the amount it costs I was a little disappointed and felt like they were just showcasing new products and trying to sell them to me. You get a certificate though an its always nice to be a master in something :)

Pen x

Latest posts

Back