airbrushed nail art...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Jenna*

Reaction score
evening all, i'm thinking about maybe doing an airbrushing nail art course as i'd say the majority of my clients have some sort of nail art and i love all the colour fades and different things you can do with the airbrush.
My question is though for those of you who do airbrushing and free- hand which do you tend to do more of? and do you find the airbrushed designs last as long as your free-hand art? Theres no other salon around me that does airbrushing so thought it might be a good thing to offer but i don't want it to be a waste of money!

What do you all think?

hi i've just started the essentials home airbrush course i love it !! :)

i love nail art, and i think it is something worth learning to do, as so many people want it nowadays. Airbrush nail art tends to dry quicker but as for lasting longer it depends if you protect it enough with topcoat.

it depends on the top coat i put 2 layers of top coat to protect the hand painting...because it thicker then airbrushing...i think air brushing essential now a days to have it in ur salon...a lot of peeps ask for it..:green:

I miss airbrushing!. I have'nt worked with one for a while, when I began renting a space in a salon/mobile. It was'nt at the top of my list as in my area, north london its popularity had been going down.

Pretty much all the clients asked for nail art. I think nail art last longer as polish is thicker. With airbrush, as someone else has said it is a bit more work to get it to last.

How I used to do it was to apply at least two top coats, with a bit of time to dry in between. Make sure that I have built up my colour on the nail so that it isn't too thick and cakey. Definately sealing the edges with topcoat. Sometimes I used to use glitter just to seal the tip of the nail.

Last edited:
thanks 4 your replies, i think i'll be investing in one! It's nice 2 learn something new anyway! :)

Latest posts

Back