Akzents or NSI??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiler13334

#Nailartistic_me
Reaction score
Im looking into the above two gel systems and wanted abit of feedback about both if poss.

If any of you have used either then it will be great to know what you thought of each. Sculpting is the main thing im going to do with it along with french on natural nails. So for these two things which is the better?

Look forward to hearing your comments

Take care x

Balance from NSI!!!!!!!!

smiler13334 said:
Im looking into the above two gel systems and wanted abit of feedback about both if poss.

If any of you have used either then it will be great to know what you thought of each. Sculpting is the main thing im going to do with it along with french on natural nails. So for these two things which is the better?

Take care x

Hi theresa,

i use Nsi balance gel which i love, i can't comment on the other gels as i have only used Nsi, i use it both for sculpting + overlays.

i have just got into doing sculpting and i find it a lot easier than i thought, i haven't had any breakages with the gel i use i did find i had just a bit of nail/gel seperation on natural overlays which was my error, don't think i was capping enough.

at first i thought the gel was really thick and found it difficult to use, but i soon got over that and actually find it easier as it gives you more time to play with it for crisper smile lines etc as it dosen't move as quick, i find using the extreme white hard now as it's a lot thinner.

i personally love it, but others might not which is what preference is about, they do try me kits which might be worth looking into, have a play with both and then see what you think?? just a thought!?

Pen xxx

Fingertips ND said:
Balance from NSI!!!!!!!!

i should of just said that......yes NSI Balance!!!

LOL

Sorry but I love Balance that much I don't feel the need to say anymore!

Hi I use Akzentz. I have tried NSI, but prefer Akzentz.

I've got to get kiddies tea on now, I'll log on again later and pm you the pros and cons.

Hiya I have used both and like them both for different things... for sculpting I like the akzentz gels best I use the ultra french white for this and It is a nice white and levels out nicely and easily moves to were you want it to go... the natural gel is lovely too very strong and easy to use and having a choice of clear, pink and coverage pink is a good thing... I love the POW for rebalances..

I couldn`t get the hang of the nsi sculptor/constructor gels found them a bit too thick to work with and not very white but I use the builder blush for tip and overlays sometimes and natural nail overlays.. but to be honest when my stock of nsi runs out I will be sticking with the akzentz...hth

nsi balance is very good.

i moved to the edge wich i thought was good. but a week on im not sure. i find it very thick in apperance on the nails, no matter how thin i apply it. and my nails look like rubber. yuk.
so im definatly going back to nsi balance, its lovley to apply, gives a good shine and buffs of really easily. xxx

Fingertips ND said:
LOL

Sorry but I love Balance that much I don't feel the need to say anymore!

I'm with Vicki on this one....NSI all the way!!

I LOVE both these gels too ... and use both.

If you are sculpting - I would suggest that there is far more choice with Akzentz and their coverage pink is something NOT to be missed!

I use builder blush a LOT from NSI and love it. Their finish gel is also very glossy ! You will more than likely feel that the Balance whites are very thick and stiff ... but fine when you get used to them.

If it's opinions you want ... I wouldn't hesitate to advise that you purchase the trial kit from Akzentz .. round about £20.00 ish for everything you need and a large selection of gels in there ... www.nailsplusbeauty.com

Also, worth getting the NSI trial kit at around the same price (but MAKE SURE you ask them to send you the free educational dvd - it's very good).

Like a said - I love both gels - but the choice with Akzentz is SUPERB and the customer service and back up is not to be beaten - and once you try the coverage pink and the lovely whites and the ease of the natural and the soak off options for your toes and the trilite (self levelling all in one gel) for ease and the builder that stays put and doesn't move.... and, oh dear - I could go on and on ... you just need to order it and see for yourself.

Now then ... some more gels that I've tried and loved - Light Elegance (their natural free edge is brilliant - sooo natural) - great customer service again - www.lightelegance.co.uk

Also Amore - wow ... I love their whites and top gloss, I really do (they are in Canada) www.amoreinternational.com

and ... have yet to try (and very much looking forward to it) - Christrio products from the US - look out for the new website next week - I believe there is a MASSIVE choice of coloured/sparkly/nail art type gels in their range.

Unfortunately, I haven't tried Brisa or EZ Flow - so I can't comment there.

No doubt I have totally done your head in - I better post this quickly beforeI read through it and delete it ... lol !!

Good luck.

- but to be honest - I don't think you can go wrong with any of the above.

Vicky :0) xx

smiler13334 said:

Take care x

Akentz its better value for money and the customer service from Karen is excellent, whereas in my personal experience nsi can be a right pain in the arse to order from. Especially if you have a problem with a product.

Karen has all the time in the world for you so defo go with akentz.
Check out anna jordaine web site she does some lovely work with it. she is on here under 'anna from toronto'

Cant give an opinion on Akentz but have used NSI Balance in the past.

Was happy with it until i tried Young Nails especially the white sculpting gel. A lot whiter than NSI plus theres a gel called French that I could have sculpted with too.(Just a case of extending the free edge with Base and laying the French on top as opposed to sculpting the white straight onto a form.)

Have to say the YN has a thumbs up when it comes to being a brighter and whiter white than NSI. Priced around the same too.

Good look in your search honey and like everyone has already mentioned, call and buy a trial kit before you commit
Good luck!

Oh, forgot

Little Angel was right, their customer sales gives a lot be to desired.
Bad attitude NSI.

WOW
My head is buzzing!!

You are all wonderfull for replying, and a lot of you did, I appreciate it :hug: !!

Vicki - I already knew what you where gonna say. x LOL

With all that has been said im going to get the try me kits of both as advised by most of you.

Vicky - excellent post, thank you honey x

Plaoh - Thank you for the pm your a darling. x

Tracy - Your my kind of person, straight to the point, no flowers on top. Cool!
I agree Anna is A1 in the past have chatted about gel and L&P she has a very interesting message board too! And her nails.......................gorgeous! That is why I wanted to try Akzents in the first place, then I got a dvd sent to me from NSI and that too look lovely to work with. so......................kits of both and if I can't make up my mind will have both on my service menu. ha ha ha ha

I have taken in everything you have all said and will bear it in mind. Pen,funkyfingers 10,Crystals,Sarah P, Frenchy, Kaznails thank you all too :hug: hope I haven't missed anyone?

One more question 'Lamps' when it is said to use a 9watt why do some use a 36 watt?? can you do that and cut down on the time?

Take care

hiya I have the 36 watt lamp but still cure for the same amount of time as I did with the 9 watt..the only difference is that you can do the whole hand in a 36 but you need to do the thumbs seperate in a 9 watt.. saying that I still prefer to do the thumbs seperate... some times the gel slips a tiny bit as it is naturally on its side..another plus is that the 36 watt has a timer....hth

kaznails said:
hiya I have the 36 watt lamp but still cure for the same amount of time as I did with the 9 watt..the only difference is that you can do the whole hand in a 36 but you need to do the thumbs seperate in a 9 watt.. saying that I still prefer to do the thumbs seperate... some times the gel slips a tiny bit as it is naturally on its side..another plus is that the 36 watt has a timer....hth

Thanks for that Kaznails
Do they have a lamp that you can put 8 fingers in? or am I being hopefull?
Anna lajourde (sp) says about reflective material on the bottom? why?

Take care

smiler13334 said:
Thanks for that Kaznails
Do they have a lamp that you can put 8 fingers in? or am I being hopefull?
Anna lajourde (sp) says about reflective material on the bottom? why?

Take care

do you mean both hands at once????if so I know that essential nails do a two handed lamp but think its only 7 watt bulbs and not suitable for the nsi or akzentz gels that your interested in... as far as I`m aware all uv lamps have reflective material at the bottom to reflect the light so that the nails cure evenly..

kaznails said:
do you mean both hands at once????if so I know that essential nails do a two handed lamp but think its only 7 watt bulbs and not suitable for the nsi or akzentz gels that your interested in... as far as I`m aware all uv lamps have reflective material at the bottom to reflect the light so that the nails cure evenly..

I have seen quite a few with plastic bases no reflective stuff. Mind you I havent done a set of gels for a while and we both know how quick things move especially in our industry.

Thank you!

Take care

smiler13334 said:
I have seen quite a few with plastic bases no reflective stuff. Mind you I havent done a set of gels for a while and we both know how quick things move especially in our industry.

Thank you!

Take care

just been searching a few sites that sell uv lamps and some don`t have a reflective base... got my brain ticking now(doesn`t happen very often lol) to whether or not it makes a difference.. maybe someone with a bit more knowledge of gels can answer this one I`d be interested to know???

I brought two lamps from Karen (4 x 9wtt bulbs). You still sure for the same time, but it ensures a more even cure. These lamps do not have reflectors in the bottom and I haven't had any problems.

HTH

Latest posts

Back