Akzentz Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkirocco

Reaction score
First thank you to all those akzentz users who have answered previous questions you have all been a great help.
I want to ask with the paint on white do you usually do one layer or two?
2nd question is about the modeling gel. I know you can use this to build apex and add strength which some of my clients need as they are quite heavy handed. I would like to know if any of you use this gel and do you use it in place of natural or trilight gel?
I used it tonight but i ended up using trilight over the top to try and level it out as it was quite bumpy ( obviously my application). Can anyone advise me the best way to apply it as i am really struggling. The client was happy but i was quite dissapointed as i know they could of looked a lot better.

i do 1 layer of POW....(the POW natural is very popular)...after i have applied it i go to the next nail...cos leaving it a little bit makes all the difference...dont play with it ... put it on and move to the next nail...then look back and it settles nicely.

I haven't used the modelling gel...but i do use the building gel....that too is not very self levelling and very thick...(although i like it that way...it stays put)...it files down easy and so its nothing to smooth over once cured....i wouldn't use trilight with this gel...no need really as builder is strong used alone.

if i am doing tip and overlay on someone i tend to just use the natural warm coverage gel....in 2 layers.

i only use the building gel on sculpts.

HTH xxx

First thank you to all those akzentz users who have answered previous questions you have all been a great help.
2nd question is about the modeling gel. I know you can use this to build apex and add strength which some of my clients need as they are quite heavy handed. I would like to know if any of you use this gel and do you use it in place of natural or trilight gel?
I used it tonight but i ended up using trilight over the top to try and level it out as it was quite bumpy ( obviously my application). Can anyone advise me the best way to apply it as i am really struggling. The client was happy but i was quite disappointed as i know they could of looked a lot better.
You can apply POW in one layer or two if desired,curing for 2 min each layer.
Modeling gel is tad thicker than Natural gels and tad thinner than Builder gel. You can use it for new sets and fills as well. Ease up a bit with your application.Don't "dig" into gel, always stay on the top. All Akzentz gels file easy and if you see that your nails are not smooth enough, you can achieve that with your file. Practice on your nail your brush technique without curing it. Apply it ,wipe it off, apply, wipe it off until your eyes start popping out:lol:

Thanks girls. Will try it how you have suggested. xx

hi just a thought-i too like the modelling gel-mainly coz u never get heat spike with it
karen from n+b told me that when she uses it-after curing she uses a layer of natural clear to level it out because the modelling gel is quite bumpy
HTH

i do 2 nice and thin ones.

the only gels i use are natural warm pink and natural clear.....never had any problems with strenght with these.
I used it tonight but i ended up using trilight over the top to try and level it out as it was quite bumpy ( obviously my application). Can anyone advise me the best way to apply it as i am really struggling.

as lana said application needs to be VERY LIGHT to the touch - almost as if spreading butter GLIDE over the gel not DIGGING/POKING

Its better to get the application right in the first place instead of fiing away & wasting product BUT :!: the beauty of gel is it does file down nice and easily should you need to.

The client was happy but i was quite dissapointed as i know they could of looked a lot better.

hth

amb xxx

Thanks. That is another reason why i wanted to use it because i know it is good for people with damaged nails ( less heat spike). I think i will stick to the natural gels though for now but keep practicing on myself with the modeling gel.

Latest posts

Back