Akzentz Options looking dull

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronzewolf

Reaction score
Ok so i got my trial kit with my mulberry colour and found an innocent victim to practice on last night you has naturally lovely long nails, so far they have held up but im not happy about a few things and not sure what im doing wrong....
1. I made sure that i dragged the colour down to the free edge so that all layers are nice and thin but for some reason im still getting a fat lip (puddle) on the free edge, im not sure why this is happening.

2. After curing the top gloss which i made a bit thicker and wiping it off with gel cleaner supplied, the gloss vanished and it all looked very dull and matt, so i was hoping that it was just the cleaner product doing this and that with washing and the next morning they will shine up, some nails looked a bit shiny although not a high gloss and some just looked dull.

3. Also nails feel a bit tacky . I have a new lamp system and even though the timer is for 150 sec and i need 2 minutes to cure i always switch it on again and let the nails have a few more seconds, so i dont think its that they are not cured enough cause they are hard. I have read somewhere they that they are like this and dont harden up like the buff off range...

4. Because the mulberry is a creme colour perhaps the effect is different to a shimmer or frost colour, from afar they look great but come up close and i would not pay a dollar for them..... sigh... could anyone offer me some advice to what im doing wrong, thanx

When use Bio,I finish with a top coat as I don't think I get the same effect otherwise.

Re the puddle, is it perhaps due to product shrinkage before being cured? Just a thought. Maybe try freeze curing each nail before going on to the next.

I am sure more soft gel experts will help you out here x:hug:

anyone else out there that uses options?

What are you using as your top coat? Is it Base N Gloss or the Clear Options? Make sure you don't overcure either of these - no more than two minutes - or they will appear dull. When you said you reset your timer after 1:30 this jumped out at me and I thought you might be curing it for a total of 3 minutes which is too long. Try only two and see what happens :)

I used base and gloss and they looked great after they were cured, it was just after i cleaned them with gel cleaner that they lost their shine. I tried to stick to the time but will do a manual setting on my lamp and use a timer to set 2 minutes next time. Does anyone else use options?

Latest posts

Back