Akzentz Options with Trilite for extra strength??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmajt

Shopaholic Geek
Reaction score
Morning,

I've got a client at the weekend that wants me to do her a set of nails with gel. She wants tips, but she only wants them on for a wedding in the week (so at the max about 5 days).

I was thinking i could use Akzentz Options on her, but add a top coat of Trilite at the end for a bit more strength. Then when she wants them off i could file through the top layer and soak off the rest. So basically -

Prep,
Apply tips and blend,
Affixit,
Bonder layer of Options - cure
Layer of Options and build up stress area - cure
Remove sticky layer and buff
POW - cure
Top coat of Trilite - cure.

Do you think the layer of Trilite at the end would give her that bit extra strength or should i just use Options all the way through??

hi emma, havnt used trilite but did a set of tips on me the other daysame as you, but i used cnd finishing gloss and they are doing well (just dont have them too long)

jac extreme said:
hi emma, havnt used trilite but did a set of tips on me the other daysame as you, but i used cnd finishing gloss and they are doing well (just dont have them too long)

Thanks Jac - its good to bounce my ideas off someone and to know that the results will probably be ok.:)

She hasn't got any nails at the mo, so was going to do them as short as i could so they wouldn't feel to alien to her.

Emmajt said:
Prep,
Apply tips and blend,
Affixit,
Bonder layer of Options - cure
Layer of Options and build up stress area - cure
Remove sticky layer and buff
POW - cure
Top coat of Trilite - cure.

Do you think the layer of Trilite at the end would give her that bit extra strength or should i just use Options all the way through??

Hello Emma,

It sounds like a good plan. I never used Trilite over Options but it should work (Options + IBD Intense Seal works, so...)

Trilite provides both strength and shine, I often use it as a top gloss with no issue so far.

Affixit bonds very well to the natural nail, so maybe using another product like Surebond would be better for temporary nails.

axey said:
Hello Emma,

Affixit bonds very well to the natural nail, so maybe using another product like Surebond would be better for temporary nails.

Thanks for that, that never even crossed my mind. Better put Surebond on my shopping list too!!:)

If I were you, I would use Sure Bond and Options all the way through. Options has plenty of strength in it and will provide a really nice shine. That way, you won't need to make sure all the Trilite is buffed off before you soak the nails. If there's even the slightest bit left on, the nails will not soak off as this is a non-porous gel.

Sure Bond is a great primer although it's a lot easier to remove enhancements with it as Affixit is pretty sticky stuff!

HTH

Carmen

Carmen and Frank!
You did your homework verry well.It is nice to see that nail techs understand how their products work.I have to agree with you about Surebond.Options will soak off faster if Surebond is applied.
Emma!
Options gel will give you nice ,strong and shiney nails if applied properly.You can even build nice arch with options for added strenght.You can skip your Trilite step as this coat of gel has to be buffed of completely before you start soaking them off.

Thanks everyone, i did the clients nails at the weekend adnd just used options all the way through and was really impresed with the results (so was the client!!!).

I didn't apply surebond as i didn't get chance to purchase it, so it may take a bit longer to soak off eh!

It's on my list to get ASAP.

Thanks again

Em.xx

Latest posts

Back