All a bit much....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jazmine

Reaction score
So I've thought long and hard about whether to post this topic because I don't want to offend or stir, but I've been shock appalled and a little disappointed recently with some of the responses people have been getting.

Is this even the right area to post this. I'm from the hair geek side of things an dont know if similar goings in are happening in the other forums but in the hair geek there is a definite undertone of sarcasm and nastiness which seems pretty harsh.

Are we due a full moon or something?

I just think we need to take a step back-there have been accusations of people not being 'professionals'. Anger at hair extentionists not being qualified enough (I am colour technician does that mean I shouldn't comment on post regarding haircuts)

Some questions asked do seen basic but you know I've been qualified for about 5 years and sometimes I have a moment of doubt, confusion or just plain blankness and ask co workers the most silly questions that I know the answer to!

I think we should also release English may not be some geeks first language so a post that can seem confusing might just need a good look at and a little deciphering.

It's not for us to fish out the phoneys, if your suspicious just ignore or report the post surely?

Sometimes we need to think prior to writing as jest fullness may not come through on an email.

We (like it or not) work in a very unregulated industry so people will be trained to different levels and standards so just because we share qualifications it doesn't mean we share the same legal of experience!

Our line of business can be harsh and bitchy at the moment there's nothing happening to dispel this unfair stereotype.

None of us have the right to judge other especially people we don't know. Can we get back to being a friendly community?

I agree 😀

So I've thought long and hard about whether to post this topic because I don't want to offend or stir, but I've been shock appalled and a little disappointed recently with some of the responses people have been getting.

Is this even the right area to post this. I'm from the hair geek side of things an dont know if similar goings in are happening in the other forums but in the hair geek there is a definite undertone of sarcasm and nastiness which seems pretty harsh.

Are we due a full moon or something?

I just think we need to take a step back-there have been accusations of people not being 'professionals'. Anger at hair extentionists not being qualified enough (I am colour technician does that mean I shouldn't comment on post regarding haircuts)

Some questions asked do seen basic but you know I've been qualified for about 5 years and sometimes I have a moment of doubt, confusion or just plain blankness and ask co workers the most silly questions that I know the answer to!

I think we should also release English may not be some geeks first language so a post that can seem confusing might just need a good look at and a little deciphering.

It's not for us to fish out the phoneys, if your suspicious just ignore or report the post surely?

Sometimes we need to think prior to writing as jest fullness may not come through on an email.

We (like it or not) work in a very unregulated industry so people will be trained to different levels and standards so just because we share qualifications it doesn't mean we share the same legal of experience!

Our line of business can be harsh and bitchy at the moment there's nothing happening to dispel this unfair stereotype.

None of us have the right to judge other especially people we don't know. Can we get back to being a friendly community?

I totally agree 110%. Everyone perhaps needs to think before they wrote things as something can be taken totally in the wrong way. This site is for people to ask for advice and opinions on things so yes please give you honest opinion but be careful how things are worded as their is nothing worse than it coming across sarcastic.

Also a lot of controversy about products that people use for clients people saying that they are not 'professional' and so there for they mustn't be a 'professional'. Like you say everyone has had different training techniques and may be wanting to know if there is a quicker fast way doesn't mean that they are a 'fake' and aren't qualified. So many posts like this.
I had seen a post that a lady had posted about colouring her hair with a box colour and everyone got down her throat saying if she is a professional she should know better etc, so what if she used a box colour? Don't have a go at her help her like this site is for. It's not to judge people and ridicule them.
Must be the stress of Christmas lol

Xxxx

Well said !!

I agree! I sometimes don't post things as I'm worried people are gonna say I'm stupid or not a professional if I don't know the answer! It's not that I don't know I just like reassurance! Rant over! Lol x

I agree! I sometimes don't post things as I'm worried people are gonna say I'm stupid or not a professional if I don't know the answer! It's not that I don't know I just like reassurance! Rant over! Lol x

Yeah I must admit I haven't posted something's because like you say it must mean I'm not a professional because I use BLUESKY on myself and think that's its not as bad as everyone says. People say its a fake well no it's not it doesn't say BLUESKY shellac CND. Shellac is a product CND is a brand. BLUESKY is a brand. Mascara is a product. Barry m is a brand as so is no 17. Doesn't mean one copies the other? People who advertise CND shellac but use non CND products for shellac is wrong I don't agree with that. But I'm not not a professional just because I used CND on clients and BLUESKY for myself. Just one example lol xxx

*one copies the other and is a 'fake'

This really is going over old ground and everyone just has to trust the mods to bring back the harmony which they always do.These threads are pointless.Im actually amazed how nice and polite most people are on here some forums are like the Jeremy Kyle show.

Yeah I must admit I haven't posted something's because like you say it must mean I'm not a professional because I use BLUESKY on myself and think that's its not as bad as everyone says. People say its a fake well no it's not it doesn't say BLUESKY shellac CND. Shellac is a product CND is a brand. BLUESKY is a brand. Mascara is a product. Barry m is a brand as so is no 17. Doesn't mean one copies the other? People who advertise CND shellac but use non CND products for shellac is wrong I don't agree with that. But I'm not not a professional just because I used CND on clients and BLUESKY for myself. Just one example lol xxx

I don't know a huge amount about nails and those products but I do agree, different companies will bring out similar products.

Some will be better other not as good. Some it's just personal preference.

You only have to look at the various hair oils becoming available since brands like Moroccan oil took off . Or the various brands of straighteners, colour ranges that have similarities to others ect ect.

I think just because people prefer a brand or range over another doesn't mean that alternatives cannot be used

I totally agree 110%. Everyone perhaps needs to think before they wrote things as something can be taken totally in the wrong way. This site is for people to ask for advice and opinions on things so yes please give you honest opinion but be careful how things are worded as their is nothing worse than it coming across sarcastic.

Also a lot of controversy about products that people use for clients people saying that they are not 'professional' and so there for they mustn't be a 'professional'. Like you say everyone has had different training techniques and may be wanting to know if there is a quicker fast way doesn't mean that they are a 'fake' and aren't qualified. So many posts like this.
I had seen a post that a lady had posted about colouring her hair with a box colour and everyone got down her throat saying if she is a professional she should know better etc, so what if she used a box colour? Don't have a go at her help her like this site is for. It's not to judge people and ridicule them.
Must be the stress of Christmas lol

Xxxx

The box color thread was closed and rightly so, why ressurect it again ? WE DO NOT CONDONE OVER THE COUNTER PRODUCTS! We also do not condone the use of cheap knock off products available through e-bay such as Blue Sky. If people want advice on over the counter disasters, go to the chemist or supermarket for advice. Maybe people do not understand what this forum is for. It is not another social network to discuss non professional products.

The box color thread was closed and rightly so, why ressurect it again ? WE DO NOT CONDONE OVER THE COUNTER PRODUCTS! If people want advice on over the counter disasters, go to the chemist or supermarket for advice. Maybe people do not understand what this forum is for. It is not another social network to discuss non professional products.

I wasn't to know it was closed and I was merely using an example. she was asking for advice from another fellow professional which I believe that is what the site is for?

As with many threads such as these (and there have been quite a few lately), they either go round and round in circles or alternatively, descend into chaos, often breaking many Salon Geek Rules at the same time by the way.

As has been said many times before, if you find a post particular offensive or out of line, please click the Report Button and the Moderators will look into the matter on your behalf.

On that note, I am now closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back