All-over blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hair bear

Reaction score
i just want to run this past you guys before i proceede. My client has bleach blonde highlights already and a natural base of 8. She would like to goall over blonde, she has roots which are about 1 inch long. i was thinking of using proclere bleach with boosters and a pearl or silver toner afterwards. i was going to use slices of foils all over the head and only apply the bleach (with 20%) to the natural hair in the foil, then apply the bleach directly to the scalp. I explained to my client that there will be some natural hair left in the mid lengths and ends. do you peops know of a better way ?

Sorry, I'm confused. Why are you foiling it? What are you putting through it? x

i just want to run this past you guys before i proceede. My client has bleach blonde highlights already and a natural base of 8. She would like to goall over blonde, she has roots which are about 1 inch long. i was thinking of using proclere bleach with boosters and a pearl or silver toner afterwards. i was going to use slices of foils all over the head and only apply the bleach (with 20%) to the natural hair in the foil, then apply the bleach directly to the scalp. I explained to my client that there will be some natural hair left in the mid lengths and ends. do you peops know of a better way ?

Hi hair bear, the proclere oil bleach will be fab for the scalp ,
but for the foils it sort of turns a bit mousse like and fluffy and can swell

so... maybe ordinary powder bleach with would be a better option for foiling the natural bits on the mid lengths & ends
as you can always halt the bleach foils by wiping it off with a wet cloth if they are ready before the roots
(best for the ends to be ready first and to wipe off , rather than the other way round)

once the foils are dealt with,
you can use proclere oil bleach on the roots and bring them up too a nice pale creamy blonde , just like the inside of a banana , and it will hold a toner nicely for you ,
try not to go past that pale creamy blonde or it will go too white and won't hold a toner well ,
you only need to use 6% which is 20 vol, with the proclere,
just follow the manufactures instructions on the box , its fab as it does not itch or sting x

as you say as long the clients is informed it may take a few goes to eventally get all her natural bits bleached out and get that all over global blonde look she wants ,

also the proclere herbal toners are a good range of after bleach toners
as they dont cause grab ,
(you just add the little sachet of conditioning crystals shake and apply)

also wella colour fresh in silver 0/6 is great for an icy cool blonde look,
just shampoo and apply any of these toners to towel dried hair
then on the roots first for ten and ends last you can leave them on a bit longer for a stronger tone ,

I am thinking you must have already done test pieces ?
and that it would cause too much damage to put any more bleach over the old highlights ?

Ps, I would get her to sign something like Scottydolly advises
to make sure she understands it may take a couple of goes and that there is no come back on you , :hug:

thanks minky. that was really helpful. the exisiting highlights are a pale yellow and are in good condition, but i wouldnt know what to expect if i put bleach over these bits. Would i not end up with really light blonde on the highlighted bits and a darker colour on the natural pieces ? and if i was to do this what strength peroxide would you use?:idea:

Exactly :hug: your'e so right ! ... its very risky putting the bleach all over , as the already bleached hair can go white or break off whilst it's lifting up the darker bits , (hence the test pieces)

Erm.... I would think twice about this all over Global blonde job.....
as this is quite an advanced colour job even for a level three really....even I after twenty odd years of hairdressing would have my concerns :eek:

couldn't you just offer her more blonde highlights instead ?
global blonde is a very big commitment , as the lightest of roots can look dark when they peep though and they peep through so quickly,
it's also expensive and very high maintenence ,

I would try my very best to dissuade her from this global blonde
also if you dont feel 100% confident , I would hand it over to someone more experienced as a lot can go wrong , :hug:

but if you do decide to go ahead... make sure she she knows all the pit falls first
and point out that it isnt going to be perfect the first time round,
get her to sign a commitment plan so she is well aware of every single thing , also she has to be realistic and understand that you cannot make her any promises,

explain that there may be yellowy bits or darker bits from the old colour and each time you do it you can take the bleach through these yellowy or darker bits each time ,
and this is why you need to clarify with her! that it will take a few goes before it is even ,

(do some test pieces) with 10% and 6% for the foiling
as it will depend on what make powder bleach you use (how strong it is)
you could start with 10% as the hair is naturally light
and you can always go higher towards the end to catch up ,
as you want to get them lifted up and wiped off ready for the next stage

then apply the proclere mix to the roots wiith 6% as stated on the instructions develop
wash off and tone as usual :hug:

thankyou minky x your advice is always welcome :hug:

Hi, hair bear, thats ok :) I know that you are already trained up
and were only wanting confirmation x

the reason I tend to put a lot more information down is just in case others may be reading the post and learning hairdressing , and they may be wanting to know a bit more about colour / bleach for college ect...or for the salon
so I guess it all helps :hug: x minky

and it does help..minky...loads :hug::hug:

Hi Minky,
I hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread but you seem to know your stuff. i'm using proclere on a client currently to give her a full head blonde. She is a base 4-5 and it lifts to a pale yellow and no more, so i'm toning with Koleston 10/1 and Pastel, which is quite successful but a bit of a palava and time consuming. The instructions are quite helpful but I was wondering if you can tell me if I add more boosters to the gel and the 20vol will it lift better, to a creamy colour rather than the pale yellow?? If that was the case then i would only need to tone with wella colour fresh 0/6 which is a much quicker option.

thanks in advance :)

Hi Minky,
I hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread but you seem to know your stuff. i'm using proclere on a client currently to give her a full head blonde. She is a base 4-5 and it lifts to a pale yellow and no more, so i'm toning with Koleston 10/1 and Pastel, which is quite successful but a bit of a palava and time consuming. The instructions are quite helpful but I was wondering if you can tell me if I add more boosters to the gel and the 20vol will it lift better, to a creamy colour rather than the pale yellow?? If that was the case then i would only need to tone with wella colour fresh 0/6 which is a much quicker option.

thanks in advance :)

Hi, thank you , :) I think I might be tempted to use just a quarter of an extra booster sachet..... but only if the hair was short or it was pretty strong hair,
I often find the problem with darker haired clients is they need the roots done more often which makes it's pretty hard to avoid the inevitable tiny overlap on such small roots, I find that this teeny overlap on very bleached hair can cause a few breakage problems if not at first then at a later stage

I can't remember at the moment..... but Liana posted a short while ago that there is a way round this called the Marylin Munroe method....
which keeps the hair really blonde without compromising the condition,
perhaps you can search it on here..... or I suppose you could google it
maybe another kind hair geek may remember the method and post it for us :hug: x minky

Hi, thank you , :) I think I might be tempted to use just a quarter of an extra booster sachet..... but only if the hair was short or it was pretty strong hair,
I often find the problem with darker haired clients is they need the roots done more often which makes it's pretty hard to avoid the inevitable tiny overlap on such small roots, I find that this teeny overlap on very bleached hair can cause a few breakage problems if not at first then at a later stage

I can't remember at the moment..... but Liana posted a short while ago that there is a way round this called the Marylin Munroe method....
which keeps the hair really blonde without compromising the condition,
perhaps you can search it on here..... or I suppose you could google it
maybe another kind hair geek may remember the method and post it for us :hug: x minky

Id be interested in this, as Im a level 4 and have bleach, starting to get the breakage a bit now on top but want to stay blonde. Marilyn Monroe technique sounds interesting.

Hi Hair Bear

Personally... if this was me.... I would be using high lift tint on a BASE 8.....u can get any blonde you want with high lift on a base 8 without compromising hair condition using bleach......

Thanks so much for the reply Minky, I will look up the marilyn monroe method and if I find it i will re-post it incase anyone else is interested. :)
I agree about the overlap issues, it is a concern. thankfully my client has oober-strong hair, and it seems to cope with a lot!

Latest posts

Back